Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Adorable. Great picture John! She’s a lot bigger now that’s for sure…I’ll guess 11yrs  old now or so. Time flies. 

Yes Wolfie... Time does fly... She's 10 going on 20... Lol.  She calls the Cape home now, which means I had to install a Davis on their roof... They have verified 2 blizzards and 2 tornados since moving their 10 years ago!!!

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Unless something miraculous pops up next week.. it’s cold and dry well into first week of December. Just pure wx boredom continues 

just need an advisory level event to put down some snow cover and that changes the whole vibe of a cold/dry December.  Having a little pack down and a cold December would be a welcome change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FXWX said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all... Here's a pic of my granddaughter T-day 2014!  

Screenshot_20231123-094023.png

I remember that day very well. We had a busted rain/wet snow storm the day before. The hills of NW CT did pretty well, but it was a huge bust here. Ended up with 0.6" of slop after a fx of 4-8". Thanksgiving was cold and brown with flurries throughout the day. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

On 11/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, ariof said:

Must be fun to drive down the notch and drop 1000' in elevation and at some point run into a wall of snow (this is Attitrash's cam)990352693_Screenshot2023-11-22at10_48_19.thumb.png.8e1b93ffcfb5e99df0349ecd56b64a25.png

I did rive into it. The rain snow line was actually by the AMC Highland Center before you enter the Notch. I had to go to North Conway. It was pouring in Bretton Woods after 4 inches. I'm driving and I get to a straight away on 302 right before the last little uphill section before the Highland Center. I'm looking ahead of me a few hundred yards and there is a sharp line ahead on the pavement where it goes from black to white. I'm still in the rain driving towards the line. It was instantaneous change from pouring rain to pouring snow- huge aggregates, almost white out. Attitash area picked up at least 8 inches. It snowed all the way through the Notch, and about a mile past Glen Junction. Then it went immediately back to rain and North Conway was rain. My lane of 302 was never plowed. It was covered in at least 5 inches. I did see 2 plow trucks but they were both clearing the other lane. It was a white knuckle drive. 

• Like 3

I did rive into it. The rain snow line was actually by the AMC Highland Center before you enter the Notch. I had to go to North Conway. It was pouring in Bretton Woods after 4 inches. I'm driving and I get to a straight away on 302 right before the last little uphill section before the Highland Center. I'm looking ahead of me a few hundred yards and there is a sharp line ahead on the pavement where it goes from black to white. I'm still in the rain driving towards the line. It was instantaneous change from pouring rain to pouring snow- huge aggregates, almost white out. Attitash area picked up at least 8 inches. It snowed all the way through the Notch, and about a mile past Glen Junction. Then it went immediately back to rain and North Conway was rain. My lane of 302 was never plowed. It was covered in at least 5 inches. I did see 2 plow trucks but they were both clearing the other lane. It was a white knuckle drive. 
In Bartlett for 3 nights. Still a couple inches og

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But that’s only in the afternoon…And it’ll take a few weeks to even see any little difference..lol.  Embrace the darkness. 

The thought of the sun beginning to set later in like 5 weeks is appealing. But yeah it takes a few weeks to really notice. For me it doesn't even really become noticeable until its like 6:00 and still light out :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

we all discussed it, as you get older, cranky, joints hurt, etc. the cold rain and snow is pretty pointless.  outside of hardcore winter enthusiasts, or maybe near Christmas for mood, no want

I’m sure there’s retirement forums for 80 yr olds  talking about warm weather for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1