Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

28 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Well forecasted on the models, if you actually believed the output.  NWS dismissed for most, was a great storm for the mountains

I don’t know.  The clown maps were right but the models were pretty sketchy looking for thermals.  It’s rare for the clowns to come out on top.

Euro at 18z was above 0C at 850mb overnight.  Most of the thermals were super marginal and many models showed above 0C at some part of the column.

But I think the ticks West got us into just strong heavy lift.  Best lift was in DGZ too.

985AB461-5044-471D-A3A4-6022F4346C52.thumb.jpeg.9fa1e9caa98e941db934092d377ebcfb.jpeg

E66BC85A-FD18-49E6-BBAE-B903B2E54138.thumb.jpeg.aa498a2d7e5c9f6434a970b21d23f4ae.jpeg

• Like 1

Went from 33.8 at 6:30pm last night to 51.8 at 5:30am this morning.  The warmth hit at 7pm and by 8pm we were at 43.

0.85" of rain overnight and a gust around 30mph at 3am pushed some patio furniture around.  

Sitting at 42.3 with blue skies and a light breeze.  

Nice blue tinted cryo dawn photos above.

Been glancing at guidance here and there while out of town just to keep a toe hold on trends.  Homages are there for cold availability ... only when there are no disturbances. This was similar to Dec 2014 and pretty much all of the 1980s ( lol ).  I'm not suggesting this will go on to being the theme of this particular relay into winter, but over the last week to 10 day's of guidance we've been BN then normal to modestly above with rain showers around a 2 to 3 day cycle.

Despite that, T-Giving eve (last Tuesday?) 2-3" and now this overnight up north were sneaky.

There is a signal that I've been watching for Dec 4-6th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Just some slush in Bretton Woods. Warm air always flood up the CT River Valley and then down 302 and invades this area. The ski resort reported 2 or so inches of cement. I can only imagine that higher elevations around this area had a blue bomb.

I did here. 

IMG_3849.jpeg

I wish I had gotten around to painting that shed this summer. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s been absolutely ripping on the Stratton cams for the last few hours. Some of the heaviest snow I have seen In many years of watching the cams. So this is going to be a surprise big one above 2k even down to SvT. 

Interesting-I was thinking that looking at my cam overnight. My cam doesn't pick up snow very well at night based on lighting, etc but you could see the Sierra cement really coming down. Only got 2.7" here, but more than I thought since it was mostly rain before midnight. 

17 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Interesting-I was thinking that looking at my cam overnight. My cam doesn't pick up snow very well at night based on lighting, etc but you could see the Sierra cement really coming down. Only got 2.7" here, but more than I thought since it was mostly rain before midnight. 

It had to snow 2”/hr at some points last night.  The mountains got 10+ at elevation in like 6-8 hours.  Most places seemed to do at least an inch of QPF in short order.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yeah I was watching just as that crazy bright band was passing Albany. It was just puking cat paws, based on the low ratios it probably was only really 2/3” an hour not 3/4” but still, it was extremely impressive. 

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Got a couple of inches even at lake level, 400ish feet.  Forecast was just rain, about 7 inches up at Gore and another storm where Gore cleaned up as Whiteface rained, second time this past week

From the GYX PNS … impressive that Gorham had 8" of snow and Pinkham nothing. Usually it is the other way around.

...Coos County...
Gorham                       8.0 in    0530 AM 11/27   COOP
Carroll 4.6 NE               2.5 in    0700 AM 11/27   COCORAHS
Pittsburg                    2.0 in    0700 AM 11/27   COOP
Jefferson 1 W                1.3 in    0700 AM 11/27   COOP
Lancaster 0.5 N              1.0 in    0600 AM 11/27   COCORAHS
Whitefield                   1.0 in    0710 AM 11/27   Trained Spotter
Northumberland               0.5 in    0835 AM 11/27   COOP
Pinkham Notch                0.2 in    0545 AM 11/27   COOP
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Got a couple of inches even at lake level, 400ish feet.  Forecast was just rain, about 7 inches up at Gore and another storm where Gore cleaned up as Whiteface rained, second time this past week

Yea as LongBeach said the bright banding on radar was pretty intense as that blob was heading NE, thought there could be a chance for lower elevations as temps were 33- 34ish here at the time.

Screenshot_20231127_123533_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.c80b42ded1ca0b62512a08d4256945b2.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ariof said:

From the GYX PNS … impressive that Gorham had 8" of snow and Pinkham nothing. Usually it is the other way around.

...Coos County...
Gorham                       8.0 in    0530 AM 11/27   COOP
Carroll 4.6 NE               2.5 in    0700 AM 11/27   COCORAHS
Pittsburg                    2.0 in    0700 AM 11/27   COOP
Jefferson 1 W                1.3 in    0700 AM 11/27   COOP
Lancaster 0.5 N              1.0 in    0600 AM 11/27   COCORAHS
Whitefield                   1.0 in    0710 AM 11/27   Trained Spotter
Northumberland               0.5 in    0835 AM 11/27   COOP
Pinkham Notch                0.2 in    0545 AM 11/27   COOP

I find that 8" rather questionable with the surroundings getting very little, There elevation is only 794' and others around them are 8- 1,000'.

• Like 1