Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Now that is impressive! I can see some of those being downslope, but SLK stands out. Dam.

This is a high-end anomalous air mass, at least in NNE.  Record warmth from Adirondacks/Whiteface to Greens/Mansfield to Whites/Washington.  So it's obviously a torch at the H85 level.

I'm a nerd and love seeing the elevational differences in different situations.  The lower levels this time of year seem to be the hardest to mix out... surface inversion hard to mix out in some drainages/valleys?  The spot that mixes the deepest aloft wins the surface temperature award?  The elevated mountain valleys going the same temps as the larger low valleys.  At full dry adiabatic rates, some of these temps would bring 90+ under 500ft.

Some high-end heat in the Adirondacks.  The fact that 2000ft in elevation was warmer than any day in August for a couple day stretch seems noteworthy.

ASRC.jpg.693fe47ec6c98628510f6abdc91787e8.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Don't worry, if you don't get enough rain this weekend, next weekends storm will surely give you your fix of rain, and keep the weekend misery trend alive. 

At least Sunday of this weekend looks dry...I don't care about temps just give me dry

• Like 1

Turned my AC on last night in my bedroom, but not in the main house. This time of year up here is when we alternate between heat and AC. It doesn't happen every year but there is a pattern of warm surges in Oct. I usually set my heat at 62-65 depending on if it's going to cool and cloudy or if it's just chilly at night but then sunny during the day which helps keep the temp up in the house up. Looks like AC season ends today and then we jump into heating season. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Turned my AC on last night in my bedroom, but not in the main house. This time of year up here is when we alternate between heat and AC. It doesn't happen every year but there is a pattern of warm surges in Oct. I usually set my heat at 62-65 depending on if it's going to cool and cloudy or if it's just chilly at night but then sunny during the day which helps keep the temp up in the house up. Looks like AC season ends today and then we jump into heating season. 

that seems to happen here more in the spring when we get an April or May heatwave-last April had the heat on and 2 days later AC with temps in the 90's.

Don't think I've used the AC since that heat wave in early Sept.....it was pretty warm yesterday, but I think the house just doesn't warm up as quick with the weaker sun. We have a lot of trees around too, so the lower sun angle makes it shadier in the shoulder seasons.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Don't think I've used the AC since that heat wave in early Sept.....it was pretty warm yesterday, but I think the house just doesn't warm up as quick with the weaker sun. We have a lot of trees around too, so the lower sun angle makes it shadier in the shoulder seasons.

yep alot different than when the sun comes up at 5:30am and sets at 8:30pm