• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another big Sept rain event between roughly midnight Friday morning and midnight Sunday morning (bulk 9/29-30/2023)

wdrag

35 minutes ago, weatherbuff85 said:

storm is done for northeast pa

This was never going to be a big hit for eastern or northeastern PA.  FWIW I have two weather stations.  One here in eastern PA and the other on Fire Island (Both are Davis stations).  There is a 12” difference in the YTD rainfall totals between the two.  When we were getting deluged back in the summer those areas nearer to the coast were dry a lot of the time.  Now that difference is getting worked off - unfortunately a lot of it in one day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

Up to about 1.37” here, wondering if today winds up being another low bust for most of suffolk like the weekend event/Post tropical Ophelia. On a side note this is still probably going to be the heaviest rain event of the year here

I have about 1.25”. Still a long way to go but if 3k NAM is right (big if since it’s been flopping all over the place), we’re good. I don’t want to deal with flooded streets/basement so I’m totally fine with this being a bust other than just laughing at how the jackpot’s been in the same areas for the last 4 months. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I have about 1.25”. Still a long way to go but if 3k NAM is right (big if since it’s been flopping all over the place), we’re good. I don’t want to deal with flooded streets/basement so I’m totally fine with this being a bust other than just laughing at how the jackpot’s been in the same areas for the last 4 months. 

We definitely don’t need the rain out here, unlike earlier this summer, but it’s insane places just to our west and north could reach 10-15” of rain this month, especially after the same areas got that amount in july

6 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

I'll say again what I said many hours ago.... This heavy rain is relentless, closest thing I've seen to Ida outside of Ida, and now the wind is picking up as well. I don't know what it's like for you guys outside of the immediate NYC metro but this event is delivering big time around here.

Yep just more isolated than Ida which had widespread 6"+ amounts but for the city its comparable

Some showers are developing near Tom's River and moving northward, we'll see what the next few hours bring as it stopped raining here completely. I think the bands going into Queens are Nassau will have to lighten up a bit as otherwise we'll be sucking subsidence for hours.