Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia

Rjay

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think there's likely to be two rounds of rain with more steady stuff tomorrow and some convective potential with the remnants. 

Models are likely way too fast spinning this down. 

I agree, I expect Saturday to be light stratiform and we'll beef our totals up with the incoming WAA Sat pm to Sunday. I really like Sunday , instability is SUPER meh but it does move in, with higher dews (lower to mid 60s) but we have the shear.

I mean nj recorded a what, f3 last Feb?  The dews were borderline upper 50s! Don't sleep on this 

4 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

I agree, I expect Saturday to be light stratiform and we'll beef our totals up with the incoming WAA Sat pm to Sunday. I really like Sunday , instability is SUPER meh but it does move in, with higher dews (lower to mid 60s) but we have the shear.

I mean nj recorded a what, f3 last Feb?  The dews were borderline upper 50s! Don't sleep on this 

And that's what the 3km NAM shows now. It backed down on the heavy rain for tomorrow but gives us heavy rain on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

All that dry air on the East side of the circulation makes me think it will dry out after the initial heavy rain tomorrow AM. Looks like most of the heavy stuff gets pushed into SNE. We’ll see. 

it's always looked like a fronto round sat morning/afternoon followed by showery precip and then another round of steady heavy rain with the the remnant low

• Like 6

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

And that's what the 3km NAM shows now. It backed down on the heavy rain for tomorrow but gives us heavy rain on Sunday. 

Tomorrow it may back down on the heavy rain for Sunday. I do think we'll get a burst of moderate to heavy rain this AM. There might be a break from late today into most of tonight. But it's possible to that it may not be a complete break but just diminish into light rain and drizzle. 

WX/PT

• Like 3

As of 11z/23... GFS is short=LOW on qpf NJ/PA and modeling forward looks to me like any combo of other models and their ensembles will be more realistic in results than the 00z-06z/23 GFS-GEFS combo. 

That means for me... spotty 5" rainfall in NJ (and possibly LI portion) of the subforum by 18z/Monday the 25th.  Minor flooding at the higher of the high tides this weekend.  Max wind axis more or less where it is now...maybe drifting a bit north which favors 40-50 MPH gusts southern edge of the subforum -southern Ocean County.

Canadian modeling tip: RGEM when it shows light precip...that often being drizzle; whereas HRRR does not tend to show drizzle but performs fairly well on axis of heavier qpf.

Already measuring here in extreme nw NJ.

Commenting on Sep 28-30 in that topic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3