• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

I've been mostly lurking lately but have been watching Lee closely.

Here is a  guess on watching/warnings if the track holds serve with just noise adjustments as models settle in. When would watches go up?  5pm or 11pm advisory tomorrow?  Again, I'm just guessing so no flame throwing!

Hurricane Watch from Watch Hill RI, Cape Cod and the islands and up along the coast.  Inland high wind watch RI and Eastern Mass, NH and inland Maine. 

If the track stayed as, a guess might be that as the track locks in watches would change to tropical storm warning RI, Cape and Islands and Mass Coast.  Perhaps hurricane warning downeast Maine coast but with north winds would hurricane gusts be recorded or just tropical storm winds.

I do remember Gustav now…sun was out and winds were roaring…made us take the kids inside at school cuz branches and limbs were snapping everywhere…it was impressive here, considering we weren’t affected much by anything else.  I don’t know if this Saturday ends up Like that, or  is to that intensity here, but that was pretty wild.  I guess it’s possible if it mixes well enough? 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I do remember Gustav now…sun was out and winds were roaring…made us take the kids inside at school cuz branches and limbs were snapping everywhere…it was impressive here, considering we weren’t affected much by anything else.  I don’t know if this Saturday ends up Like that, or  is to that intensity here, but that was pretty wild.  I guess it’s possible if it mixes well enough? 

Yup . That is what Saturday will be like all over interior SNE . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup . That is what Saturday will be like all over interior SNE . 

If it is…then that will be fun, cuz that ripped that afternoon here for sure.  Lots of big old trees that had any weaknesses came down…along with lots of big limbs.  I guess we’ll see how it looks by Friday afternoon. 

Oh and btw…it’s pouring again lol.  Lots of Soft ground. 

If it is…then that will be fun, cuz that ripped that afternoon here for sure.  Lots of big old trees that had any weaknesses came down…along with lots of big limbs.  I guess we’ll see how it looks by Friday afternoon. 

Oh and btw…it’s pouring again lol.  Lots of Soft ground. 

That’s my largest concern. It’s been wet the past week… won’t take much breeze or more rain to see weak trees or shallow rooted trees to fall