Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Good wind at 3-4kft on velocity.

I’m not home but looks like it downslopes off the Mountain and punched some good velocities lower down in elevation on the east side.

3771FCD2-E5E8-45DE-9F5D-16AF49D164C3.jpeg.d69caba0d51e00a5bd3ab11279117f33.jpeg

Good amount of debris on the roads, in my yard and a few good-sized branches down on my way home.  Sub-severe wind but looked like what up to 40mph gusts will do to leafed out trees.

MVL recorded a couple 38mph gusts and that sounds about right here too, with 50-65mph up on ridges.

Coworker and friend sent this from top of the Quad looking due south as the shelf cloud squeezed through the gaps and over the Spine.

48EC22B4-5522-4D52-946B-8B8FE0285BA9.thumb.jpeg.78962a1770c169e27237be3bd81942de.jpeg

• Like 12

Another fail by most of the models again, at least here.  GFS had a high of 96F here today, but the high was 88F, now 86F.  So we fail once again to reach 90F here as had been predicted so many times since early August.  The last 90F here was back sometime in July, and we reached it only twice this summer.  But we have made up for that with the high humidity.

It's almost like the models are controlled by the warmistas, lol.

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good amount of debris on the roads, in my yard and a few good-sized branches down on my way home.  Sub-severe wind but looked like what up to 40mph gusts will do to leafed out trees.

MVL recorded a couple 38mph gusts and that sounds about right here too, with 50-65mph up on ridges.

Coworker and friend sent this from top of the Quad looking due south as the shelf cloud squeezed through the gaps and over the Spine.

48EC22B4-5522-4D52-946B-8B8FE0285BA9.thumb.jpeg.78962a1770c169e27237be3bd81942de.jpeg

Storm near Montpelier looks nasty.

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Another fail by most of the models again, at least here.  GFS had a high of 96F here today, but the high was 88F, now 86F.  So we fail once again to reach 90F here as had been predicted so many times since early August.  The last 90F here was back sometime in July, and we reached it only twice this summer.  But we have made up for that with the high humidity.

The GFS can have a massive mixing bias. This past week the GFS was going bonkers within the central states through the Ohio Valley. There were some locations GFS was spitting out like 97 and the NAM was 86 and NBM like 89

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The GFS can have a massive mixing bias. This past week the GFS was going bonkers within the central states through the Ohio Valley. There were some locations GFS was spitting out like 97 and the NAM was 86 and NBM like 89

True that.  Uncle was the only model that had the high close to what happened here today.  It showed a high of 89F at 18z, while just about every other model, including the mesos, had us in the 90's at 18z.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

They did exceptionally well most areas.    94+ was common

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

So much lightning… just had another round of close strikes two hours later.

Summer evening vibe with constant flashes and Thunder for a couple hours around here.

Best storm in prob couple seasons rolled through around 730. Some trees down nearby and decent size hail and white out rain with big winds.  Just insane amounts of TL like you said. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klw said:

Storm near Montpelier looks nasty.

Heavy rain and a good amount of lightning around 5:30, right as I was getting out of my car at the golf course. Checked the radar and my old course in Northfield looked to be in the clear so I booked it over there and got 9 in. Took me an hour using a cart. The last couple of holes were sketchy and I saw some pretty good lightning as I was finishing up on 9. I gave myself my last 3 footer for bogie as I didn’t want to stand around too long on the green. :lightning:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Good lapse rates aloft. 

Guess that's it. Reading the local community forum stuff, seems like a war zone out there, trees and wires down all over.  We had another nasty cell come through with same strength winds, etc

2 within 2 hours, honestly the strongest I have seen living here. Long time residents posting similar stuff.  

• Like 2