Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am a bit shocked at those figures.  I guess I don’t know how CDD are calculated.    Do they take humidity into account?

We ran our ACs a ton this summer due to the humidity.  Plus a dehumidifier in the basement that has run almost 24/7 all summer

I'm betting the dehumidifier had something to do with it. Wettest summer I can remember. I didn't use AC from the end of July until 2 days ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I'm betting the dehumidifier had something to do with it. Wettest summer I can remember. I didn't use AC from the end of July until 2 days ago.

We did use the ACs less than in July, but still used it more than typical.   We do get some water in the basement when we get heavy rain.  And 30” this summer kept the unit busy for sure.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We did use the ACs less than in July, but still used it more than typical.   We do get some water in the basement when we get heavy rain.  And 30” this summer kept the unit busy for sure.  

Do you know that you actually used significantly more kilowatt hours or is the cost more a function of the price of commodity?  I'm guessing it's a blend of both, but would be interesting.  I didn't have my heat pump all of last summer to be able to compare, so this year is really the only barometer I have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Do you know that you actually used significantly more kilowatt hours or is the cost more a function of the price of commodity?  I'm guessing it's a blend of both, but would be interesting.  I didn't have my heat pump all of last summer to be able to compare, so this year is really the only barometer I have.

We used more kilowatt hours than last year for sure.  Yes the rates are higher than a year ago as well.   
I think last summer was our previous highest use age as well since that was our first with the dehumidifier.   Between the window units, the basement unit, and the pool filter for a few hours per day, I’m using way more power than before.  
This past winter was expensive but mostly due to the high rates.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It cost me close to $2 a day to run the ac all day, a price I gladly play to be comfortable and my wife comfortable. She hates heat with her Scottish, Irish blood so best to keep her happy.

• Like 3

I know up here, You can go back and look at your Kwhr usage with your electric company and im sure its the same elsewhere, That's usually the telltale even with the PUC increases if your usage is higher, Your bill will be too, Running a dehumidifier consumes as much or more kilowatts then a AC window unit, I have 2 dehumidifiers the newer one is somewhat more efficient.

15 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It cost me close to $2 a day to run the ac all day, a price I gladly play to be comfortable and my wife comfortable. She hates heat with her Scottish, Irish blood so best to keep her happy.

Yeah $2 a day is cheaper than a cup of gas station coffee, for a/c all day?  No brainer.  I’d pay a decent amount more than that for climate controlled luxury.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yet you and many here posted all summer about how much cooling bills were costing this summer because of the warmth and high dews . Charts FTL as usual . Good night 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It should not be this difficult :lol:.  Everyone can believe whatever they want to believe in today's world.  Statistics are just there for interpretation.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Screenshot_20230906_221116_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_221149_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_220646_Samsung Notes.jpg