Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs 2023

George BM

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Dang. Over 4” in Baltimore??! Not sure if this is radar indicated

I live right on the Baltimore city / county line on the north side of the city between the the purple blobs (4.6, and 3.3). I recently put in this Tempest weather station that claims it got 3.15 inches of rain, which I guess seems in line with this map.

It was pretty wild. I live on a hill and the entire road and sidewalk effectively turned into a river. I don't remember rain like that in a while.

I was also wondering if anyone else had experience with this home weather station and if I should trust the reading or not. I've been trying to calibrate the readings ... Even the during the heat wave last week, the reported temperature where I was never exceeded 94ºF, despite having a forecast high temperature of 97-100 most days which made me a little skeptical of the temperature readings as well as others that it might be reporting.  Maybe I just live in a cool spot ...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

I cannot believe I am getting the scraps again out here in Purcellville. The storms are all to the east. Only some brief showers here. Not looking good for the drought 

@Round Hill WXyou may not even have a drop

Ended up w/ 0.11" last night. 0.74" for the prior week. It was absolutely painful to watch the storms form and miss our area day after day. So many of the corn fields are dead...some have just been cut because the corn never fully produced. Also hearing people getting sediment in their wells as they dry. Not good at all....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

9/6:  .13"

9/7:  .94"

9/8:  .19"

9/9:  1.80"

9/10:  .06"

9/12:  .34"

Sep: 3.46"

Things look so much more green now.  Unfortunately,  it looks like we're going bone dry again for the foreseeable future.

The grass definitely greened up around this area as well.  Next chance of precip looks like it'll be Sunday/Monday with a return of the SW flow ahead of another cold front.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic