Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

I think we should pay a lot of attention to which models are going to be spot on. Will give us insight this winter. This is a very winter-esque storm.

I also like to see these types of storm starting to form in the fall. It gives me hope for the upcoming winter pattern. It has been sorely lacking in recent years with most of our storms cutting west.

The CMC has probably been the most improved model in recent years relative to what it used to be. Its big coup was being the first model to see the great snowstorm at the end of January 2021 from a week out. The CMC did better with Lee than the Euro did. But each new storm can be different as to which model does best. The Euro snuck in a win with the wetter forecast for NJ on Monday. So this is a bit of trial and error until AI can correct the models for us.

• Like 6

The next 8 days are averaging   66degs.(59/72) or -1.

EURO is 0.5",  CMC/GFS are 4.0" over the weekend.

On another note>>>GFS starts October in the 80's---normal is 70/69.

Reached 76 yesterday at 5pm.

Today:   72-76, wind nw., few clouds, 60 tomorrow AM .

61*(70%RH) here at 7am.        64* at 9am.      67* at Noon.      73* at 3pm.       78* at 5pm.     Reached 79* at 5:30pm.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:56 AM, Wxoutlooksblog said:

The pattern is transitioning into fall. And yes in a very short time-frame we've gone from tracking Lee to tracking the arrival of an autumn air mass into the Great Lakes. The models are struggling. A few days ago the models were depicting a warm to very warm finish to September and start to October. It does not appear that way now. It could change again but I wouldn't bet on it. The endless summer is going to end.

WX/PT

Yeah the idea of the whole month of September being warm didn't work out. All of the big September warmth was confined to the first third of the month. For the rest of the month it's just mostly near normal temps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mob1 said:

Love the difference for a 3.5 day forecast. If this was a winter storm it'd create some serious chaos. 

ecmwf_apcpn_neus_30.png

namconus_apcpn_neus_28.png

It's the long range NAM and the same holds true now as it does during Winter with its accuracy. But it does at least show the storm tracking well inland and so that adds support for the Western models. The ECMWF is still an Eastern outlier.