Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

1 hour ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Sometimes I match surrounding stations but yes it is in direct sun.

I have 2 stations in my backyard, one is in the shade and the other in and out of the sun. There both reliable Davis stations but the one when it has direct sun is some 2 to 3 degrees higher. If the station is near a building or house or concrete, it will also read higher. It can be hard to follow  NWS standards when the station is at your typical house with a typical yard

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BucksCO_PA said:

average high temp this month at Central Park - 86.2 degrees, average high this month at LGA - 86.2 degrees

You're argument is based on a sample size of 7 days vs an observed disparity over years...decades now. Of course there are other variables involved day to day, but the trend from the 90s to now is undeniable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wet times ahead with potential moderate to severe flooding for western and NW sections of this forum into parts of New England.  Good thing it has been on the drier side lately.  This is without anything from Lee.  Still seems more likely than not that there is no effect from Lee as far as wind and rain for the east coast but that is not a lock IMO.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 2.21.28 PM.jpg

4 hours ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Of course I get the bad ambient. I need to figure out how to calibrate it

The best time to compare IMO is at night during a cloudy, breezy evening with other surrounding stations. Then you'll know if it is only higher during the day, it may be a placement issue. 

• Thanks 1