Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Oh yeah we'd be gone fast.  I think we are good.

But the "red" 50dbz just got here and this is like 1" in 20 minutes type rainfall.

Everything is just so primed right now, you throw in a quick inch or something under a half hour and this is going to go nuts.

KCXX_loop.gif.a90e7dcc1c7ae1f8d1778b1609ad850b.gif

Water is scary. The damage and force at which it can destroy things is second to none.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats on 1" so far. 

Double my total :lol: 

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Water is scary. The damage and force at which it can destroy things is second to none.

Someone put it to me this way once and I never forgot it. 

When you think about it—what it can do, what it can give and what it can take away—water is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. 

• Like 5

Closed the office early.  Found an alternate route home though the water was to the road in some spots.  Home now.  Back hill is just a series of waterfalls through my raised beds.  3.09 since midnight, 4.14 total,  14.83 since the start of June.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, klw said:

Closed the office early.  Found an alternate route home though the water was to the road in some spots.  Home now.  Back hill is just a series of waterfalls through my raised beds.  3.09 since midnight, 4.14 total, 

Do you work for the State's Attorney in Lamoille?

2 minutes ago, klw said:

Closed the office early.  Found an alternate route home though the water was to the road in some spots.  Home now.  Back hill is just a series of waterfalls through my raised beds.  3.09 since midnight, 4.14 total,  14.83 since the start of June.

Glad you made it back safe. Was worried when you first posted about going in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Years ago I was told, by someone with hydrology education/experience, that flow velocity is a 5th-order function.  Doubling water flow velocity would thus increase erosive power by a factor of 32.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I normally take a break from the forum during the spring and summer, but man, 6.37" of rain in the last 24 hours, honestly stopped around 8 this morning, so from 1400hrs yesterday to 0800 today... I saw a cocorah report in Cornwall of over 9", and someone said I think Putnam cty NY had over 10, washed out roads and bridges. I just flew back from Florida late Saturday night, like almost midnight, and when I left it had poured to where it flooded areas there...so I've seen a lot of rain in the last few days, luckily no basement flooding, good luck everyone!

• Like 2