Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

Just now, kdxken said:

My most hated phrase used by meteorologists throughout, "it's not going to be a washout" 

Sure it may stop raining for 15 minutes at the end of the day but what are you going to do have a f****** picnic?

depends-I've seen people cancel their plans when there was a chance of PM storms then complained when they didn't materialize...those phone forecasts are the worst thing to happen to weather forecasting...people see a raindrop and think the whole day is gone...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

depends-I've seen people cancel their plans when there was a chance of PM storms then complained when they didn't materialize...those phone forecasts are the worst thing to happen to weather forecasting...people see a raindrop and think the whole day is gone...

I agree. They are terrible. 

But I’ve also seen a lot of OCMs half ass a forecast and never really nail down the timing or placement of the showers. Anybody who is capable can do this. It’s not hard. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Agreed. But today was a total washout and we got the usual caveats. "It's not going to be raining all the time" 

Yeah just 95% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But I’ve also seen a lot of OCMs half ass a forecast and never really nail down the timing or placement of the showers. Anybody who is capable can do this. It’s not hard. 

I always tell people to ignore phone app weather . I outforecasted every single one of them last week in FMH. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I always tell people to ignore phone app weather . I outforecasted every single one of them last week in FMH. 

Yep I do the same...not sure what model it is or how they are made but they are basically no better than throwing a dart at a board.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not to pick on our water addled friend but... It was pouring all morning 17 miles Southwest of Boston.

Screenshot_20230710_072229_Chrome.jpg

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Speaking of crazy. Hadn't heard from a friend in a bit who lives in Vermont. Checked up on him today and apparently there was an incident in your area. His truck is the orange one.

Resized_IMG_4277001.jpg

Oh no.  
Rt 2 is notorious for accidents.  I am so aware when driving that road. 

• Like 2

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh no.  
Rt 2 is notorious for accidents.  I am so aware when driving that road. 

Head on collision. Supposedly the guy had a medical emergency and swerved right into his lane. Can't believe my friend walked away with just a broken back. Other guy's still in the hospital I guess.

Resized_20230621_130735.jpeg

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'm up to 6.33 since it started yesterday.  Water seemed to stop coming up out of the floor drain.  I wet vacced as much as I could and will probably be at it tomorrow some more.  This sucks.

That’s a lot of rain…hopefully that’ll be it for your issues.   

I had 6 plus inches here in Tropical storm Ida back on September 1st ‘21, pretty much all came from 9 pm to 2 am…insane rates.