Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

23 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Hanging out in NVSL All Stars tent city…and it’s toasty.

Wife and kids went to that to cheer our team. I stayed home to do yard work after being gone a week. Not sure which was the better choice. 

94/79

HI:113

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Strong winds gusting to about 35 to 40 mph , Temps dropped fast , distant thunder, feels very very nice outside... will my backyard get any rain above a few hundredths? Very very unlikely

Was a bit wrong, got our 3rd best rainfall from a individual thunderstorm this spring/summer....  0.33   Monthly total now 2.73

• Like 2

As I was watching FlightRadar 24, sorry am an aviation geek as well as a weather one. Noticed that all the big international flights were swinging way out west instead of flying just east of my house. This prompt to check radar. Mind you I have been avoiding checking radar as I do not want to be disappointed again. Upon logging in I see that all you folks to my East are in the running for some storms. Congratulations once again to you all. As you all are getting a downpour and sound and light show think of my parched flower beds over here. :devilsmiley:

• Like 2

I'm pretty much convinced mby is gonna need a major pattern reshuffle to get any significant rain.  Time and again, the precip has been generally skipping over areas along the Catoctins and redevelops further east.  Today is following that exact same trend.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic