Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:
Decent number of cells initiating across parts of the area ahead of the blob in the higher terrain. Manassas, MoCo, and Westminster area have some activity now. Sub-severe for now. 

These are gonna be imby style gully washers for those who score. Seeing lightning in the distance. This is the type of air mass I’ve been waiting for (for strong+ cells).

i finally got a storm. we were up in Martinsburg and it was just pouring and as we made our way home we started to see small branches on the road and some things blown around in the neighborhood.  we picked up about .75" of rain, and the temperature dropped nearly 20 degrees to 70.

the incredible lightning was the story of this storm--constant strikes all around as we drove home.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Finally got my first thunderstorm of the summer!  Some good lightning and thunder, and 0.6 which is the most in one day in many many weeks.  It may not sound like much but for here it is a deluge.

Puts July at 1.5 which is already better than the extremely dry May and June.

Okay, legit happy for you...sounds like you've been experiencing the same splits in recent weeks that we have in SE FfxCo. We're finally getting a deluge here right now under a warned storm...my lawns need it!

• Like 1

I haven't posted all week since I've been travelling for work and not doing much else besides sleeping and eating. So here's a recap of my PWS:

image.png.4eefe08136964fb70b7e871d11e12220.png

It's HOT. And it was nearly the same in Newark, NJ all week. I've worked in hotter weather, under worse conditions, but this week was a doozy. I am beat.

But hey, at least our boil water advisory was lifted earlier today, so that's nice. There IS still 5" of water at the bottom of my dry sump well though, so that's a bit disconcerting. The new pump works though, and is temporarily installed with a hose running up to the washer drain in the garage. I plan to plumb it in all nice-like this weekend.

Edit: oops, meant to post this in the Philly area sub. My bad.

Currently 79 at 8pm after a high of 87. Low of 74 this morning.

2+ inches last Sat-Sun, and like it never happened lol. Soil is dry and I had to give a few thirsty looking (newer) plants a big drink.

Looks like nothing tonight and probably tomorrow. Maybe Sunday.

3 hours ago, Terpeast said:

What more needs to be said? :axe:

Image.jpeg.fa6a4ceeab549111757fc5535f9a39ad.jpeg

That’s been my life for the last week or two. I feel your pain.

This afternoon was a different story. The southern edge of that line blew up and dropped a 45-to 60-minute deluge on MBY and cooled things off really nicely at just the right time if the day. Lawn and garden are booming, and this will freshen everything up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic