Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yep.  We expected maybe a stray shower.  Maybe a quick thunderstorm. 

This blows

edit.  Although it looks like only 0.2-0.3” in this area.  Timing kinda sucked

Only consolation, at least I'm not my friend. 2 hours in rush hour traffic for a rain delay at polar Park. Oh and, with two little boys who won't stop asking questions.

Resized_20230725_185414(1).jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, we are supposed to be coming back from the Cape and will just sit tight till 6 or 7 PM.  I have no interest in driving in that stuff.  It’s been bone dry in Falmouth since Friday.

I’ve heard tales told of the Great SE Mass desert. Nary a lawn grows with out irrigation. All centered on the wasteland that is Taunton. I hear they’ve only had 5” or rain in the last 3 weeks. Not sure how civilization survives. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’ve heard tales told of the Great SE Mass desert. Nary a lawn grows with out irrigation. All centered on the wasteland that is Taunton. I hear they’ve only had 5” or rain in the last 3 weeks. Not sure how civilization survives. 

Crazy considering Taunton is right on the water.

• Haha 2

Just got back from the Cape,  Rt 2 was closed again tonight just E of Greenfield. Apparently yesterday and today’s rain reignited concerns about the integrity of the road from last Friday’s washout.  
Unreal.  Crappy summer.  Was  nice to get four days in a row of Sun down in Falmouth because we have not seen that here since at least May. 

• Like 2

Lol I imagine this has to be a mistake as I’ve never seen severe mentioned in a forecast 48 and 96 hours out before:

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly sunny, with a high near 94. Southwest wind 8 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1am. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. Southwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 94. West wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. 
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 74. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph. 
Saturday
A chance of showers between 10am and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Lol I imagine this has to be a mistake as I’ve never seen severe mentioned in a forecast 48 and 96 hours out before:

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly sunny, with a high near 94. Southwest wind 8 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1am. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. Southwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 94. West wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. 
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 74. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph. 
Saturday
A chance of showers between 10am and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%

BOX put it in the grids.

Wx16_northeast.png

• Like 2