Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Typhoon in far east moving NW. WAN SST all over Atlantic basin .. and the strength of the ridge. If you can .. and maybe you can’t.. envision its winter and a storm is progged to move OTS and miss . But the models miss the strength of the WAR and that forces the storm back west . Are you envisioning?

So you made it up in your mind with out model input, got it

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would if I could have space to post. 

No I know you know what you’re talking about lol.  Sometimes it feels like Kev hears you say something and then repeats over and over but may not actually know why… or even look at model data to see it.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Typhoon in far east moving NW. WAN SST all over Atlantic basin .. and the strength of the ridge. If you can .. and maybe you can’t.. envision its winter and a storm is progged to move OTS and miss . But the models miss the strength of the WAR and that forces the storm back west . Are you envisioning?

Zero chance you are following a typhoon in the Far East moving NWward and use that in your thought process, but kudos to whoever is discussing it, lol.

”The strength of the ridge”… what ridge and where?  

See if I were you, instead of trying to use Typhoons or SSTs, I’d have gone to the model data and found the answer.  It is there and I’m just being an ass to see if you’d dig into it a little bit :lol:.

Day 10… still troughy.

9421C5F0-DBBE-452A-B622-E36C22C3383C.thumb.png.afc25b08b768bd402a613ef08234e5dd.pngF16F8DA2-73DD-4C9E-8349-B169342E1907.thumb.png.e5d98cb019cb1b227ac91e1bd13bb8d1.png

But by Day 14 the heights are building in from the east.

C950FA38-BFE2-4AA9-BF33-B87A05B9A3FE.thumb.png.df1604dd531b6738fe83dda0200b3a20.png

D39BB6FB-2519-4E90-B515-1D14C85925C7.thumb.png.eed0495f309c08738a4a3a488066a385.png

So between Day 10-14 it’s starting to occur on the ensembles.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No I know you know what you’re talking about lol.  Sometimes it feels like Kev hears you say something and then repeats over and over but may not actually know why… or even look at model data to see it.

Is it re gurge from to much beer?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Zero chance you are following a typhoon in the Far East moving NWward and use that in your thought process, but kudos to whoever is discussing it, lol.

”The strength of the ridge”… what ridge and where?  

See if I were you, instead of trying to use Typhoons or SSTs, I’d have gone to the model data and found the answer.  But you do you, it’s there and I’m just being an ass to see if you’d dig into it a little bit :lol:.

Day 10… still troughy.

9421C5F0-DBBE-452A-B622-E36C22C3383C.thumb.png.afc25b08b768bd402a613ef08234e5dd.pngF16F8DA2-73DD-4C9E-8349-B169342E1907.thumb.png.e5d98cb019cb1b227ac91e1bd13bb8d1.png

But by Day 14 the heights are building in from the east.

C950FA38-BFE2-4AA9-BF33-B87A05B9A3FE.thumb.png.df1604dd531b6738fe83dda0200b3a20.png

D39BB6FB-2519-4E90-B515-1D14C85925C7.thumb.png.eed0495f309c08738a4a3a488066a385.png

So between Day 10-14 it’s starting to occur on the ensembles.

So when we said 14 days ago there was a change coming we were laughed at so do we now laugh? No we watch.

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2013 Lets go baby!!

download (4).png

download (5).png

Heard local news parroting last night about the extreme heat in CT and I was like Wut?? I know it sells  but where was the extreme heat? Yesterday was a run of the mill New England summer day, nothing extreme about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

Heard local news parroting last night about the extreme heat in CT and I was like Wut?? I know it sells  but where was the extreme heat? Yesterday was a run of the mill New England summer day, nothing extreme about it. 

The dews were pretty high, but yeah, everything has to be sensationalized now. Climate change is real, but cnn.com is always a good laugh when they get on their rants linking every extreme weather event to climate change.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The dews were pretty high, but yeah, everything has to be sensationalized now. Climate change is real, but cnn.com is always a good laugh when they get on their rants linking every extreme weather event to climate change.

There's plenty of reason to sensationalize. Global records have been shattered this July. Sea surface anomalies are off the charts.

Just because this region was shielded from the worst doesn't mean it's not happening. 

I believe Tip mentioned this a few times as well how our little bubble is probably making things worse worldwide. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 5

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The mild down is timed perfectly with my Maine trip. 

Works great for our Vacation Bible School, too.  Last year we sweltered in HHH.

This month has included a half dozen or more flood/flash flood watches, some warnings, but unless we get >1/2" before Tuesday, July will finish BN for rain.   May/June had fewer watches/warnings but a far greater dowsing.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CNN?   lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

There's plenty of reason to sensationalize. Global records have been shattered this July. Sea surface anomalies are off the charts.

Just because this region was shielded from the worst doesn't mean it's not happening. 

I believe Tip mentioned this a few times as well how our little bubble is probably making things worse worldwide. 

No. Keep the science honest. We don’t need sensationalism. It hurts the cause. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1