Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely the best summer ever. Never ending dews . As well as we could all have ever drawn it up. 

You might want to survey summertime businesses about that "best summer ever" comment?  Also, do you keep your air off and and your windows wide open so you can experience your best summer ever 24/7? Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, WhiteLawns said:

Super lame that these storms are coming after dark.

Going to start a separate thread but I'm wondering if we're setting up for a big day tomorrow. The front is running parallel to the upper flow which will naturally slow down the progression of the front. Notice how the mesos are kind of pushing this activity into our areas a bit later and later...IMO that's indicative of a slower progressing system. 

Latest HRRR is pretty active tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Air bnb business up here have 15 days/mos the last 2 months for bookings, Which are usually booked solid with a year in advance requirement, Yeah, Its been a great summer, Coastal business are getting killed up here in this great summer of 2023.

We booked one in Gouldboro for the first week of August.    I will try to eat my weight in mussels crab and lobster 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Air bnb business up here have 15 days/mos the last 2 months for bookings, Which are usually booked solid with a year in advance requirement, Yeah, Its been a great summer, Coastal business are getting killed up here in this great summer of 2023.

Can't see them from north-central CT.  :nerdsmiley:

Last month had the lowest proportion (20%) of available sunshine of any month since moving here in May 1998, with Dec 2020 2nd at 24%.  One look at our veggie garden reflects the cloudiness.  Hostas like it, though.

• Like 2

Looks like that cell collapsed pretty fast. After it moved through we finally broke out into the sun after being plagued with high overcast most of the day.

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meanwhile, Italy .. with an average latitude of 41 N ( N of NYC ...), is expecting highs of 110 to 113 in a deadly heat wave.  After now 15 years of this shunting shit I begin to suspect that eastern N/A above ~ 40 N is too intrinsically protected by geologic circumstance.

I was in Naples and Rome last month and I noticed the same thing with the latitude vs weather. It was remarkable how consistently they were able to both get into and hold onto a solid summer airmass and not have it constantly assaulted by backdoors, unrelenting buzzsaw troughs, heat ridges getting cut in half, marine layers, cloud debris, et al.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We booked one in Gouldboro for the first week of August.    I will try to eat my weight in mussels crab and lobster 

You should check out the Nordic Lodge in Charlestown RI, all the lobsters you can eat, king crab legs, clams, oysters, mussels all kinds of meat, desserts. When I went it was $92 but I think it went up after Covid.  My brother in law ate 5 lobsters, I had a about 5 lbs of crab legs.

• Like 1