Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Mother nature took pity on us and let the fireworks go off without a hitch tonight.

Same here.  Rain ended.  Town of Stowe fireworks display launches right over our backyard.  The noise is deafening, but it is the vibrations that are crazy when our back steps are this close.  The dog survived another year too... just a bit of trembling right after.  It has to sound like the world is ending to the animals.  But it passes.

Happy Fourth to the crew here.

635973EA-ABFF-434F-B07B-6ADB48BE7EDA.thumb.JPG.f387f819f16f3148f21dc6d24ee49e5d.JPG

9906E299-27C5-462B-BB86-3E1DA1475FDF.thumb.JPG.50771c4cb9568201d126750583757542.JPG

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

Strange, after a few days of considerable rainfall across CT the local news doesn’t even show rainfall totals across the state?

Close to 6 inches here from the 5-6 storms from 5pm 7/3 to 5pm 7/4.  Crazy flash flooding around town...

85 /71

HI 89

’10 after 10’ gives 94 … There may be some dewpoint recession during mixing but I don’t know if it’s gonna be sufficiently to stop the heat index from rising into the upper 90s if the temperature gets close. And we don’t even need 94 if it gets up to 91 or 92 on the dewpoint 70.

not sure why we don’t have at least heat advisory’s in place even if it’s not pandimensional, it should be in locally headlines. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Same here.  Almost like conjunctivitis 

Wow , had to reply to this. It's been relatively dry here in my neck of the woods in NJ , but I've noticed similar symptoms for the past week or so. Feels like a little swelling or the feeling of something stuck in the bottom of my eye.

Maybe from all the smoke? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteLawns said:

Tonight in Torrington CT! I think I may be the luckiest man on earth with this timing!

E9C6D7E2-741D-4A2F-B596-03DA431401A2.jpeg

That cell put on a show for over an hour last night... I watched it from Burlington... It was great because it was never a real threat to disrupt activities...  Rapid collapse once it tried to bodily move into the NY/CT/MA border area.

• Like 2

GFS has a 'synergistic heat bomb' ... perfect timing of a S/W/'sonoran' heat released right into a L/W synoptic ridge eruption ... Big one too, with non-hydrostats approaching 600 dm!

Thankfully for their sake ( and probably those of us downstream), this is at the end of an operational GFS time range where is seldom realized.   But I still find it interesting that these synergistic events are an elusive phenomenon ... difficult to forecast as they don't always materialize out of seemingly similar synoptic metrics - yet this run manifests one nonetheless...

gfs_T2m_us_62.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Man, early next week looks like dog food in NNE. Another 3-5” of rain on many models.

Maybe ill Be able to see the loon bridge get washed away again?

About 3 wks ago I was going to throw some more grass seed down, but figured we'd turn bone dry like usual, but man, the hits keep coming.