Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

7 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

0.76" total yesterday, bringing the monthly total to 6.78"

@CAPEif you want an example of how my yard jackpots every single time, check out this Cocorahs map for today for Calvert. The one in red isn't my report, but it's the one closest to me. And you'll also see it almost matches what I just posted.

cocorahs.JPG

I was just messing with you the other day. It is uncanny how that area almost always jackpots. Too bad it doesn't work that way for frozen lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I think I can actually smell the smoke this time. Almost has a chlorine scent. Awesome.

13 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

Yuck smells like smoke again.  Interestingly the air quality is yellow whereas last time I only smelled it when it turned to red. 

Yes, can definitely smell it now, and yeah it has an odd, chlorine-y odor right now...couldn't smell it all this morning. Numbers on the rise quickly at Mt. Vernon station. Haziness has been lowering as well. Ugh. Can we just be done with this crap...

image.thumb.png.c4827997f0ae3766e150feb8d8861ccc.png

6 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yes, can definitely smell it now, and yeah it has an odd, chlorine-y odor right now...couldn't smell it all this morning. Numbers on the rise quickly at Mt. Vernon station. Haziness has been lowering as well. Ugh. Can we just be done with this crap...

image.thumb.png.c4827997f0ae3766e150feb8d8861ccc.png

If only Canadians would rake their damn forests.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wxtrix said:

so much for the orange air quality alert—out here we’re already in red alert territory and it keeps rising.

Some 200-plus purple alert readings in SW PA and we have NW winds thru tomorrow :stun:  Hoping the S winds starting Thursday nights helps quickly.  This is from west of Johnstown

image.png.5c58b552829dee98a48264d916704e99.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Some 200-plus purple alert readings in SW PA and we have NW winds thru tomorrow :stun:  Hoping the S winds starting Thursday nights helps quickly.  This is from west of Johnstown

image.png.5c58b552829dee98a48264d916704e99.png

I'm in Garrett County and this is by far the worst air quality we have had since the fires began impacting our region. Can't really smell smoke per se but the oft-reported chlorine smell (doing wonders for the lungs, I'm sure) is potent.

• Like 1

So far so good on our radar returning shortly 

NOUS61 KLWX 281817
FTMLWX

MESSAGE DATE:  JUN 28 2023 18:14:00

THE KLWX WSR-88D REMAINS OUT OF SERVICE AS IT UNDERGOES AN IMPORTANT
UPGRADE TO REFURBISH AND REPLACE THE PEDESTAL. ESTIMATED RETURN TO
SERVICE IS JUNE 30TH, BARRING ANY UNEXPECTED ISSUES.

DURING THE DOWNTIME, ADJACENT RADARS WILL BE AVAILABLE, INCLUDING:
WAKEFIELD, VA (KAKQ), ROANOKE, VA (KFCX), DOVER, DE (KDOX),
CHARLESTON, WV (KRLX), PITTSBURGH, PA (KPBZ), STATE COLLEGE, PA
(KCTP), AND FORT DIX, NJ (KDIX)...ALSO FAA TERMINAL DOPPLER RADARS
FOR DULLES (TIAD), REAGAN NATIONAL (TDCA), THURGOOD MARSHALL BWI
(TBWI), AND JOINT BASE ANDREWS (TADW). FOR DIRECT ACCESS TO ANY OF
THESE SURROUNDING RADAR SITES, VISIT THE FOLLOWING WEB PAGE:
HTTPS://RADAR.WEATHER.GOV/

$$

KR

• Like 2

no relief tomorrow out here. i’d better get my watering done now.

Alert: Air Quality Alert until 12:00AM Friday

Dear Nixle User,

The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality has issued a Code RED Air Quality Alert Thursday for Winchester and the eastern West Virginia Panhandle. A Code Red Air Quality Alert means that air pollution concentrations within the region are unhealthy for the general population. The effects of air pollution can be minimized by avoiding strenuous activity or exercise outdoors. For more information on ground-level ozone and fine particles visit the web site Virginia DEQ air quality web site at www.deq.virginia.gov.

* AFFECTED AREAS: FREDERICK ... CLARKE ... MORGAN ... BERKELEY ... JEFFERSON

29 minutes ago, frd said:

Appears the rainfall oppurtunities continue the next two weeks, along with warming temps. 

For some of us, let's hope those chances turn out better than the last two weeks!  I'm on track to finish well under 2 inches for the month.  Closest CoCoRaHS (a little south) has 1.84 and I know they caught a couple that I missed.  There's a 3.42 that is just 4.2 miles to my ESE :angry:

• H2O unpinned this topic