Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June Discobs 2023

George BM

35 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Prevailing winds mostly NW, N, and NE.  Many days with red flag warnings. Along with Canadian forest fire smoke. 

This might be related to late season changes to the PV. Significant negative AO and NAO at times plus we have had +PNA as well. 

I will take it. Feels great. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George BM said:

Guess what four letter word that starts with an 'H' (or 5 letter word that starts w/ an 'S') is coming back to play with us from late today through the next few days? Were you all starting to miss it?

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=nrnmidat-02-24-1

You can see it in a big arc reaching from MN through the midwest to PA... headed our way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frd said:

Prevailing winds mostly NW, N, and NE.  Many days with red flag warnings. Along with Canadian forest fire smoke. 

This might be related to late season changes to the PV. Significant negative AO and NAO at times plus we have had +PNA as well. 

I will take it. Feels great. 

I'll take humidity, a southerly breeze component, less wildfire smoke, and no drought.

38 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=nrnmidat-02-24-1

You can see it in a big arc reaching from MN through the midwest to PA... headed our way

HRRR doesn't seem super enthused about our latest weather-hype phenomenon. Maybe some smoky haze, but nothing like what it was last week.

32 minutes ago, stormy said:

The wet pattern for next week has been mostly cancelled.

Seems like there’s been bouncing around with whether that cut off gets shunted south or stalls near us. Today guidance says south. Tune in at 0z for the next change!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems like there’s been bouncing around with whether that cut off gets shunted south or stalls near us. Today guidance says south. Tune in at 0z for the next change!

I do not claim to be an expert, but there is a lot of stuff going on to our south. I believe that we may come back to a wetter solution.

Historically, when severe drought threatens in the MA, salvation arrives at the last minute.

28 minutes ago, stormy said:

I do not claim to be an expert, but there is a lot of stuff going on to our south. I believe that we may come back to a wetter solution.

Historically, when severe drought threatens in the MA, salvation arrives at the last minute.

@usedtobe is famous for saying, "epic drought is cured by epic flood"

• Like 1

Moormans River near White Hall/Browns Cove in western Albemarle county just after it joins with the nearly bone dry Doyle's River - which makes up a good chunk of the Rivanna River... I was born and raised in this area , I have seen the water this low but always between August and Halloween,  never this early in the year...

Screenshot_20230615_232120_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah things clearly going the wrong way for next week. Drought begets drought. 

Upper ridge more amped on recent runs and it really suppresses the UL energy southward. We can't seem to win with the blocky patterns this Spring/early summer. 

• H2O unpinned this topic