• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

32 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

They've really fallen apart over the last 30 minutes as they moved quickly across the area. Hopefully it will work out better tomorrow.

WX/PT

Hopefully this pattern won't end up being a complete bust for NYC, but we've known for awhile that it would favor west of the city. As you said it looks like 2 more days of storm chances, and then it drops to a slight chance for late week. I see tonight's CMC has almost no activity for thursday and friday. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Allsnow said:

@winterwarlock anything good? 

The worst of the storms wrre training about 10 miles to my northwest. Did get into rounds of storms with thunder and lightning  but nothing too bad. Ended up with 1.80 over the last 24 hours bringing my now onto the 6th day summer is ruined event total to 2.46

And yes it can stop raining now. We have enough moisture to keep lawns green and growing for all of July

• Like 2

The last 4 days of June are averaging    75degs.(67/85) or Normal.

Month to date is    69.3[-2.2].      June should end at   70.1[-1.7].

Reached 78 here yesterday at 2pm.

Today:   75-80, wind sw. to s., cloudy, Rain late, 68 tomorrow AM.

70*(98%RH) here at 7am{was 68 earlier}.     72* at 9am.     73* at 10am.    Down to 70* at 11am.      74* at 1pm.      78* at 4pm.      80* at 5pm.

• Like 1

This summer basically never got started. Are there any signs that we break into a real summer pattern any time soon? Hot, sun, beach, pool weather. The 85-95 with sun for an extended stretch, pool temps warm and you can go to the beach with a confident hot and sunny summer day type weather? 

• Like 1

Glad the north half of the state finally got significant rain, that worked out. 

I actually got no rain at all yesterday as storms fired all around me, and it thundered pretty steadily in the distance for a while. 

It’s interesting how consistent our temp pattern has been this June, only ratcheting up a few degrees with the onset of the higher  dews. 

As mentioned I’m at 66 even on the month, and just compared to last June which I averaged 70 even. Huge difference. 

68 / 66 and 1.10 in the bucket the last 24 hours here.  Clouds , humid and storms circling around the area.   Today looks to be the more cloudier / cooler day of the week.  Wed much clouds and pokes of sun with more storms.  Perhaps a break or more isolated storms only on Thu (6/29) and Fri (6/30) so with sun enough chance to warm up.   

Holiday weekend Sat (7/1) and Sun (7/2)  scattered storms but should be periods of sun / low to mid 80s.  Not a complete washout   but definitely storms abound.  Mon (7/3) warm / humid and scattered storms.   Independence day still looks warm / sunnry and isolated storms.  

Beyond there warm / humid pattern continues.  When we get enough clearing the heat form the TX/Southern Plains ridge will heat it up.  Have to watch the western atlantic ridge expansion west.

GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif 

1 hour ago, greenmtnwx said:

This summer basically never got started. Are there any signs that we break into a real summer pattern any time soon? Hot, sun, beach, pool weather. The 85-95 with sun for an extended stretch, pool temps warm and you can go to the beach with a confident hot and sunny summer day type weather? 

Thu (6/29) and Fri (6/30) continue to appear to be dry and partly / mostly sunny days mid / upper 80s.  Weakness and hung up front / boundary clinging by the east coast into the first week of Jul so continued storm chances.  If the Western Atlantic Ridge can position more west and hook with the TX ridge more we'll dry out and heat up quickly.  Right now its acting a a barrier wall holding up the front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenmtnwx said:

I’m still waiting for last winter to start as well……

• Like 1