Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Doesn’t it cool at hour 69 ..plus the downslope valley is not the place to be on this 

Yes once you see those 925s collapse in the CCB, the profile gets easily cold enough for snow at least away from the water. I do think places in CT that are getting a lot of WCB precip prior to the CCB need to look at the soundings very carefully. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

actually that's during the meat of it. I do think there's some longitude assist in play here south of the Pike. 

So you’re going with the idea of more in the valley than the NE hills. Just making sure all is clear . Yesterday you had most raining. This morning you were pumped and things were not tucked. Tonight rains again .  I think 12+ is a good bet NE and NW of HFD with 4-8 valley .

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes once you see those 925s collapse in the CCB, the profile gets easily cold enough for snow at least away from the water. I do think places in CT that are getting a lot of WCB precip prior to the CCB need to look at the soundings very carefully. 

They quickly become isothermal . You can breakdown precip types. You can see how Ryan’s HFD has BL issues

D07CF36F-89D5-4093-869D-350883AB3BDD.png

D8A691EC-2C03-42E4-9494-088F02C3027F.png

9DEA537F-A633-49F7-90EC-C50A4745A8E2.png

DAE1F63F-3CF7-426B-92CA-DC727691F585.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

They quickly become iIsothermal. You can breakdown precip types. You can how Ryan’s HFD has BL issues

D07CF36F-89D5-4093-869D-350883AB3BDD.png

D8A691EC-2C03-42E4-9494-088F02C3027F.png

9DEA537F-A633-49F7-90EC-C50A4745A8E2.png

DAE1F63F-3CF7-426B-92CA-DC727691F585.png

6-10" when it's 34 or 35F in Mansfield as this model shows would be something.

Again.... clown maps and clown ptype algorithms can lead you to dark places. 

The inverted trough trend today should be a big caution flag for CT/RI outside of the NW Hills. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If we can make the east low more dominant and quicker. 

could the dual low thing be the models struggling with the transfer (Miller B redevelopment)? I think the models might consolidate and merge the 2 lows into one big low as we get closer to the storm.

15 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

The inverted trough trend today should be a big caution flag for CT/RI outside of the NW Hills. 

March 18 I was 34 the whole time. Thumper the dumper Ryan

16 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

We’ve seen various runs today that have given eastern ma and even parts of the upper cape more snow than a lot of parts of CT. Not sure what to make of that, but I’d think it has something to do with the CCB going nuts closer to Boston.

I think we're at a stage where models are going to diverge and fall apart and once we get to 12z tomorrow we start to see a consensus towards a bit hit. And that's not just me being a weenie. It will start with the NAM and we'll see the typical NAM jokes and then guidance starts to trickle. Not uncommon in these bigger ceiling type events.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Haven't seen it yet. But I would assume so....although that max qpf and snowfall area near us and westward continues to show up in guidance. It was still there on the GEFS, despite the awful OP

If we can trend it a bit to favor the right nipple then more of our qpf is frozen while getting more folks out east in the game. A win/win. 

• Like 1