• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

You don’t generally want a strong ULL over Lake Huron. It interferes with where you want any semblance of high pressure resistance to help put. You either want something well NW like over James bay or have it much further southeast like over PA.

You can get a decent track with the ULL over Lake Huron, but those are the types of runs where it scours our all the cold. You have a southerly flow in Quebec in response to it so there’s basically no ageo drain until the main storm is really close…which by that time, your cold source has been exhausted and scoured out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You don’t generally want a strong ULL over Lake Huron. It interferes with where you want any semblance of high pressure resistance to help put. You either want something well NW like over James bay or have it much further southeast like over PA.

You can get a decent track with the ULL over Lake Huron, but those are the types of runs where it scours our all the cold. You have a southerly flow in Quebec in response to it so there’s basically no ageo drain until the main storm is really close…which by that time, your cold source has been exhausted and scoured out. 

Yep. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. 

And I should caveat, there’s a long way to go on that system. ULL placement has been jumping quite a bit. At least there’s something to track…but I don’t think people should expect it to be snowy. There’s plenty of ways it doesn’t snow on that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

And I should caveat, there’s a long way to go on that system. ULL placement has been jumping quite a bit. At least there’s something to track…but I don’t think people should expect it to be snowy. There’s plenty of ways it doesn’t snow on that. 

Yeah I'm a little uneasy with that one despite a week out. At least we have one model missing and one giving a cold rain. Room to move around some.

4 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

It’s the same pattern despite many saying how epic the pattern is

Disagree. Down here we've had two minor snow events within the last week whereas we had 0 before then.

Temperatures are also averaging near or slightly below normal whereas in Jan/Feb it was +8/5

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

It’s the same pattern despite many saying how epic the pattern is

But it’s not you silly nut.  However, the outcome may be the same(we get skunked).   But the pattern is completely different, and is actually supportive of significant storms as you can see on modeling.  But we can’t get any help at all from the little nuances/details that make or break a system.  And That’s where you are wrong and make your mistake pal. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The euro is still a bit better than the gfs 

it’s not the “king “ but you aren’t going to find a model that is better 

in other words , you don’t toss the euro at day 4

Ya I’m not down with that anymore Pickles. We’ll have to agree to disagree.  It’s lost alot of ground.

And Nobody’s tossing…it just doesn’t carry the weight it used to…imo.  You can think it’s better, but I don’t. In fact, I think they’re (GFS and Euro) pretty equal now.  More times than not now, they’ll meet in the middle. Before, it was complete domination by the ECMWF.  Unfortunately Those days are totally gone.