• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it does. Confluence just crushes it. There’s probably a non-linear response to this though if confluence comes in a little weaker on future runs.  You can see how close synoptically it is to a very good storm. 

This setup screams of the old north trend days. When models suppressed  storms yet you knew the confluence would weaken as you get closer. This is going to get snows into SNE Saturday night/ Sunday 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I also like that it's widening the gap between it, and the 'possibilities' next week by speeding things up a tad

Hopefully with each successive suite, people can process this latest failure so we can move past it and focus more collective analysis on next week. I get the resistance...I do...its another can kick, etc...but it is what it is. 

Get over it-

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

This setup screams of the old north trend days. When models suppressed  storms yet you knew the confluence would weaken as you get closer. This i

I dunno man…that block isn’t some weak entity. It wouldn’t take much weakening for the storm to be a solid hit, but I don’t see why we should expect it to weaken on future runs…it might weaken, but I think it is just as likely it could come in stronger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hopefully with each successive suite, people can process this latest failure so we can move past it and focus more collective analysis on next week. I get the resistance...I do...its another can kick, etc...but it is what it is. 

Get over it-

You prob wouldn’t be punting this so easily if you were in CT or equivalent latitude. 

Next week definitely has more pacific support but it could also end up running west of us too. 

42 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It has more of a chance than Saturday, which has looked like shit around here for awhile. I guess I may feel differently near the south coast, but...

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

You prob wouldn’t be punting this so easily if you were in CT or equivalent latitude. 

Next week definitely has more pacific support but it could also end up running west of us too. 

I've already admitted that. That said, I don't think it's going to pan out for many of any.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it does. Confluence just crushes it. There’s probably a non-linear response to this though if confluence comes in a little weaker on future runs.  You can see how close synoptically it is to a very good storm. 

Kevin's mind set is non linear, as well....at baseline, he will latch into the nearest threat like a pitbull and be resistant to any reality that runs to the contrary. But if his frustration reaches a certain threshold,  then its "Raines to Maines"....or "only nickles and dimes" or...."done for the season" He has cycled through that and returned to baseline...for now.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Rain to Maine?

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Kevin's mind set is non linear, as well....at baseline, he will latch into the nearest threat like a pitbull and be resistant to any reality that runs to the contrary. But if his frustration reaches a certain threshold,  then its "Raines to Maines"....or "only nickles and dimes" or...."done for the season" He has cycled through that and returned to ballseline...for now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is the risk, but I like my odds better of appreciable snows with that one...which is why I said I wouldn't feel as good near the s coast. That said, EPS has been less amped.

Maybe, but the confluence is gone. Risk is up our fannies.

• Like 1