• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Impressive signal is just beginning emerge in actual guidance, Mar 10 -15th...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Weenies pushing hard for Saturday . 

Because we know deep down early next week isn't happening either. And the seasonal progression is making each threat less likely. Watching the GEFS trend southward each run tells you where Saturday is headed. Unless a Hail Mary occurs, this season is pretty much a wrap if Saturday doesn't snow.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Because we know deep down early next week isn't happening either. And the seasonal progression is making each threat less likely. Watching the GEFS trend southward each run tells you where Saturday is headed. Unless a Hail Mary occurs, this season is pretty much a wrap if Saturday doesn't snow.

I really don’t have a read on Tuesday’ish threat . I just know it’s not unusual if neither one crushes us If they don’t get inside day 5 as a hit .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I really don’t have a read on Tuesday’ish threat . I just know it’s not unusual if neither one crushes us If they don’t get inside day 5 as a hit .  

Saturday system was odd with the CMC/Euro farther SE than the GFS....At least early next week has the GFS/GEFS southeast and the EURO/CMC further NW(fits their bias at this range, if those biases still exist enough to have a wholesale effect on the forecast around here)

8 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

She won’t let us out though. We’ll have threats through the equinox most likely.  It could be a rough period if we strike out again and again. 

16 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I wouldn’t start planting the garden anytime soon if I were you. 

4 minutes ago, radarman said:

QPF aside the GEFS members had a couple way SE runs that hopefully are outliers and might bump the mean toward the main cluster closer in

35 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Also a pretty big trend south with less QPF from 00z to 06z to 12z. Not great. 

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GEFS a scrape this weekend.

Mean is 6 inches across CT. Does not look great.

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s purgatory.

Perpetual explosive potential with just enough scraps to breed a twisted combination of external optimism and internal desperation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kitz Craver said:

Well said.

And I’m not taking shots. Yeah, I want spring, but I really want a big dog.

I stop scrolling and look at the 7-14 day pretty colors when they’re posted, and I get the meteorology that says the potential is real. 

But I also know I’ve been doing that since November, literally, and the result has been a historically bad year and increasingly hostile climo now creeping in. 

• Like 2

Saturday is def not looking great but non-GFS suite trends were north at 12z. So I wouldn’t write it off yet. But it’s the type of system you want to see another bump north at 00z. Can’t afford any negative trends. 

Also pending the euro. If that model doesn’t look any better at 12z, it makes it more of a long shot. Despite it not dominating like it used to, it’s still a top tier model. 

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The process already started, but regardless of snow or no snow....That said, I fully expect crappy weather like today. Just enough wind with the sun to negate the warm/fuzzy feelings. I think it would be better for all of us if all of these "threats" would just go away at this point instead of teasing us with the what could have been....:offtopic: sorry.....