• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

I like how we are still seeing sub 540 thicknesses into Baja CA on the Euro. :lol:   It doesn't end. 

Maybe this happens more often than not and I have not noticed before, but these aren't troughs diving in from off the NE PAC.....they are literally dumbbelling down the coast. I feel like this season has been a very unusual one for that behavior. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I like how we are still seeing sub 540 thicknesses into Baja CA on the Euro. :lol:   It doesn't end. 

Maybe this happens more often than not and I have not noticed before, but these aren't troughs diving in from off the NE PAC.....they are literally dumbbelling down the coast. I feel like this season has been a very unusual one for that behavior. 

I wonder if the SST configuration has had something to do with this...or maybe its just the constant barrage of deep WC troughs has influenced the SSTs off the coast.  

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You said the tropical forcing a week ago was going back to that sort of situ and here we are 

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, not much cooler than here. Disaster.

It’s like the weather that would excite me in late October but this is brutal. Mountain frozen solid, firm icy skiing.  And town looks like a defunct municipal rice skating rink of old snowpack very slowly melting.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder if the SST configuration has had something to do with this...or maybe its just the constant barrage of deep WC troughs has influenced the SSTs off the coast.  

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You said the tropical forcing a week ago was going back to that sort of situ and here we are 

I'm not sure SSTs matter here..just the upper level pattern has been such to dump these down the coastline like a waterslide. It's amazing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm not sure SSTs matter here..just the upper level pattern has been such to dump these down the coastline like a waterslide. It's amazing. 

The consistency is also mind boggling..usually a very long lasting pattern may last 4-5 weeks(this has been 4-5 months plus. Just astounding in that regard. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It’s like the weather that would excite me in late October but this is brutal. Mountain frozen solid, firm icy skiing.  And town looks like a defunct municipal rice skating rink of old snowpack very slowly melting.

When I left for the office at 7:30 this morning it was calm, sunny and 27° an I figured it was going to be a nice day. When I went for a walk at lunch it was gray, windy and spitting snow. I think it was 36° but it felt much colder. Not a nice day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

no.. .it's unusual... by a significant margin

Frosty morning.  I had a dream that Steve was doing pbp on an early but low res 0z euro run.  Finally when sv came out the low took an unusual path from the lower gulf around the Florida peninsula and up the coast.  As the burial was about to begin I awakened as I needed to take my wife for an early appointment.  Put that one in your blog for next winter Ray!

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

A strong El Nino is becoming likely by the summer. 

I'm wondering what that's going to do to next Winters weather? Also, I know I've heard strong El nino, low hurricane season. Season. But this season was a la Nina and we had hardly any hurricanes or storms for that matter. I guess we'll see what happens