Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

What have you done with Torch Tiger?

Most snow is gone here, basically 1-2".  Maybe we'll see another 3-6"?   

The idea is wishing and hoping the mountain folk get FEET upon FEET . Hoping for some very significant flooding concerns heading into later Spring.

It's an investment.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

15 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

More cold rains for the coastal areas , Keep the snows piling up at latitude and elevation , do we need to delude ourself by late March . 

I had 3 30” chases this year . I will say jaffrey finished with about 30 given PNS all around . 

Hopefully 30" more snow on the way for Jaffery

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Who Wouldn’t love another 3” of slush on the CP (if it’s not cold rain )

Yea, I'm done blogging about that crap...just let me out, and I'll be back recharged next fall.....though I will be doing alot of work on el nino over the off season, this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

DSD. We 50 today.

Agreed ... ceilings may be an issue, however.   NAM 700 ~ RH fields are in the 70%, but the morning sat suggests that may be more down CT and below.  Can see elevation enhancement in loops...

I'm hoping for a few moments with light wind and high equinox sun at 50.  We jokingly refer to that as 'nape factor' but it's really (usually) the only redemption path at this time of year, barring 2012

Next Friday still trying to send 850s to over 10C with 560 dm hydrostats clear to central NE ...but I'm sure that won't last.

I think there's a pretty good chance we end up with one more legit threat that gets inside 5 days based on what I'm seeing in the pattern. There's a couple of good windows late this month it looks like.

It's too bad we can't get 3/22 to amplify because there's some pretty good confluence ahead of it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think there's a pretty good chance we end up with one more legit threat that gets inside 5 days based on what I'm seeing in the pattern. There's a couple of good windows late this month it looks like.

It's too bad we can't get 3/22 to amplify because there's some pretty good confluence ahead of it.

Is it a done deal that it won’t amplify? I mean we couldn’t even get agreement from any model 6 hrs before go time the other day. How do we know this will or won’t amplify at 6 days out?