• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

The pattern will shift in late February or March. Will it be in time for the coastal plain like D.C. or will it only sweeten the higher elevations out west.  I have received many April snowfalls of 1 - 8 inches in the past 60 years. Is this the year for 8 inches on April 7 like 1971 or will we measure the winter on Easter Sunday, April 9.

15 minutes ago, stormy said:

The pattern will shift in late February or March. Will it be in time for the coastal plain like D.C. or will it only sweeten the higher elevations out west.  I have received many April snowfalls of 1 - 8 inches in the past 60 years. Is this the year for 8 inches on April 7 like 1971 or will we measure the winter on Easter Sunday, April 9.

Yes one or two decent march events that we get screwed in.  Same script as 2017 and 2018.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

This winter continues to remind me of ‘19/20. It’s just too mild and we have blocking, alright…in the southeast. It’s gonna be a spicy summer if that type of pattern continues…though the t-storms could be fun.

Developing El Nino summers are typically crappy in the east.  Usually increased TSTM activity which can be interesting but generally below normal.  

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic