Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Lava Rock said:

Looks pretty warm in jackman

image.thumb.png.f3185e028d7bc8aa776f513d8c1f0f4f.png

Sure does, but their system is mostly on roads. You want to be riding on the roads this season. Trails just never froze up and won't. If you don't mind trailering a little further, erroll and nash stream are the closest areas where a lot of the trail miles are on roads. But you'd have to register in NH, yet another reason I rent!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Sure does, but their system is mostly on roads. You want to be riding on the roads this season. Trails just never froze up and won't. If you don't mind trailering a little further, erroll and nash stream are the closest areas where a lot of the trail miles are on roads. But you'd have to register in NH, yet another reason I rent!

Just head to the county…22 now, and picked up 5-10” today. They’re buried, and Conditions are superb and everything froze!  

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

no kidding. Rode with a group of 16 recently and they had to stop every 20min to have a brew or smoke a bowl.:rolleyes:

Not with this group. It’s all officials from different state and provincial snowmobile associations. We left at 9:30 from Limestone and got here around noon. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Not my first choice but it wasn’t as bad as I feared it would be. Rode to the Lakeview with the same group today. Fresh powder this morning. Somewhere between 4-6”

Great folks at the lake view. We’re Great friends with the owners. They let us keep our trailers on their property when we’re not renting a cabin.  

3 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

As long as Spring and Summer don't disappoint, don't really care what happens in the winter.  Doesn't really make me happy or unhappy to have one of the warmest and least snowy winters on record, but we'll take.

I figured you would be really happy with how this “winter” has turned out since you like warmer weather.

1 hour ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Ya the crown up to Gaspe cleaned up in that stretch last year. Gaspe was absolutely buried. Not that different from the tenor of this season (or 21' or 20' for that matter, although 20' did produce a nice event last week of March after an early torch) either. Rangeley was melted even worse by late March in 21'. 

Post-equinox snow pushed 2019-20 from ratter to near average, and included the 2 biggest snowfalls, 10.3" on 3/23-24 an 8.5" on 4/9-10.  Then 3.2" on 5/9, over 90% of our May snowfall since moving here in 1998.