Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Subtle hints from the GEFS for blocking. I think that signal will strengthen in the coming days and weeks

PV has been trending south for late month little by little on each run. Not really invested in any potential though until this gets inside 10 days.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

As long as Spring and Summer don't disappoint, don't really care what happens in the winter.  Doesn't really make me happy or unhappy to have one of the warmest and least snowy winters on record, but we'll take.

Just wondering, why do you come on the winter forum if you're not a winter fan? Lol 

Most of the time your posts like to press the fact that we're having a warm winter and somewhat rubbing it in all the faces of people on here who truly love the winter.

Trust me... I am all for opinions from all sides, but it doesn't seem to be your end game whenever you post. My guess is if it's very wintry with cold and snow you wouldn't even be on here posting, but I could be wrong ( and just to be clear, I'm not calling you out at all. I'm just curious. That's all )

With that said, this weather is phenomenal. If it's going to be nice then I'll take this. It's just odd on February 10th to have this. But it is what it is

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Just wondering, why do you come on the winter forum if you're not a winter fan? Lol 

Most of the time your posts like to press the fact that we're having a warm winter and somewhat rubbing it in all the faces of people on here who truly love the winter.

Trust me... I am all for opinions from all sides, but it doesn't seem to be your end game whenever you post. My guess is if it's very wintry with cold and snow you wouldn't even be on here posting, but I could be wrong ( and just to be clear, I'm not calling you out at all. I'm just curious. That's all )

With that said, this weather is phenomenal. If it's going to be nice then I'll take this. It's just odd on February 10th to have this. But it is what it is

I am a weather fan, it's a fun hobby. 

I also enjoy some aspects of winter; blizzards, thunder snowsqualls, etc.  I don't particuarly enjoy;  nickel and dime, arctic outbreaks.  

Everyone on this forum presses cool shots in J/A/S, and it doesn't bother me.  I don't see why it bothers people to enjoy nice weather, and discuss. If it bothers them, they should really find something else to do until they feel better.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

And I mean this...not sarcastic one bit.

I knew your jackpot fetish was bad, but I personally think you have it up into the stratosphere of neurotic levels. :lol:

I mean holy shit....I'd punt this winter to the moon in a heartbeat if I could grab 60" even if it meant I got unlucky and Scooter was doing naked snow angels in a 90" season. And I'd do without hesitation it even if I had an extra 10" in the season while nobody else around me did.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

There isn’t anything wrong with liking warmer weather and being excited about the mild and snowless winter we are having. Torch Tiger, Snowman19, and qqomega all like warmer weather and so they post about it. I love the cold and snow but it’s important to recognize that not everyone likes the same type of weather, and it’s not just a snow board.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I knew your jackpot fetish was bad, but I personally think you have it up into the stratosphere of neurotic levels. :lol:

I mean holy shit....I'd punt this winter to the moon in a heartbeat if I could grab 60" even if it meant I got unlucky and Scooter was doing naked snow angels in a 90" season. And I'd do without hesitation it even if I had an extra 10" in the season while nobody else around me did.

60"? I didn't have that last season...

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

60"? I didn't have that last season...

Well scooter didn't have 90 last winter either....the point still stands. I'd take 50 if he got 80 over this shit show.

I think I had about 55 last year.

I'm not trying to change your mind though. I just find it fascinating from a snow lover's standpoint. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well scooter didn't have 90 last winter either....the point still stands. I'd take 50 if he got 80 over this shit show.

I think I had about 55 last year.

I'm not trying to change your mind though. I just find it fascinating from a snow lover's standpoint. :lol:

I think it's beyond fucked up reasoning. :lol:    I think he had 10" less than me. The agony.

Edit: he had 20" less. At least that's what the snow site said. But man, I salute Ray. The fetish is real.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it's beyond fucked up reasoning. :lol:    I think he had 10" less than me. The agony.

Edit: he had 20" less. At least that's what the snow site said. But man, I salute Ray. The fetish is real.

I love how it's a "jackpot" fetish because I can't stand getting a foot, while everyone else nearby gets 2'+...its not a jack fetish, it's a pork aversion.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I love how it's a "jackpot" fetish because I can6stand getting a foot, while everyone else nearby gets 2'+...its not a jack fetish, it's a pork aversion.

I am beyond dumbfounded that you choose this dirty, brown sphincter of a winter because you beat everyone by 5-10" with a 20" season total. I am floored.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I am beyond dumbfounded that you choose this dirty, brown sphincter of a winter because you beat everyone by 5-10" with a 20" season total. I am floored.

Keep in mind that I also expect to approach last year's total at my locale. If I end at 19.5", then we'll talk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that's what I was amazed at....look, different strokes for different folks...I'm not here to change Ray's mind.

But as a snow lover, I don't think I could ever enjoy a winter more that had 30 inches less just because I got porked in a blizzard in the higher snowfall winter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Keep in mind that I also expect to approach last year's total at my locale. If I end at 19.5", then we'll talk.

That's a big qualifier....if we end up getting another 25+ inches of snow, then it would change things for sure. I'd prob need at least another 3 feet here though to grade it higher than last winter. Where you are, it wouldn't take that much.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that's what I was amazed at....look, different strokes for different folks...I'm not here to change Ray's mind.

But as a snow lover, I don't think I could ever enjoy a winter more that had 30 inches less just because I got porked in a blizzard in the higher snowfall winter.

You both are talking as if its June and this year's total is final. I'm not convinced of that.