• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Up in Hamilton NY dropping my daughter off at college. Expecting 6-9”, snowing moderately now. We’ve had a heavy band pass though for a bit an hour or so ago. Getting to the high end locally is prolly dependent on where exactly the FRONTGEN sets up, might be just south of here. Got a few beers, my wife and I are going to take a walk in a bit. Really, there’’s nothing like falling snow at night, especially in unfamiliar surroundings, when it’s not too cold out. There’s an old cemetery right across the road from the motel, might be a good place to commune with the snow spirits and tell them to give DC a break. Like Aragon in LOTR demanding the dead to pay off their debt to Gondor. I just don’t have the proper sword.

Roads should be fine for trip home tomorrow, at least what the locals say. When {if?} I retire, I could easily do it up here. Take the equity from our modest bungalow in dc and could prolly get a g/d Victorian with wraparound porches and turrets to watch for Redcoats coming across the border from Canada.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

And, seriously, the hardest game potentially was last week. I HATED having to play the Ravens and that D and running game again. Every time, like going for a root canal, playing the Ravens. 

Watching the ravens was also like getting a root canal, speaking as a loyal fan

18 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Up in Hamilton NY dropping my daughter off at college. Expecting 6-9”, snowing moderately now. We’ve had a heavy band pass though for a bit an hour or so ago. Getting to the high end locally is prolly dependent on where exactly the FRONTGEN sets up, might be just south of here. Got a few beers, my wife and I are going to take a walk in a bit. Really, there’’s nothing like falling snow at night, especially in unfamiliar surroundings, when it’s not too cold out. There’s an old cemetery right across the road from the motel, might be a good place to commune with the snow spirits and tell them to give DC a break. Like Aragon in LOTR demanding the dead to pay off their debt to Gondor. I just don’t have the proper sword.

Roads should be fine for trip home tomorrow, at least what the locals say. When {if?} I retire, I could easily do it up here. Take the equity from our modest bungalow in dc and could prolly get a g/d Victorian with wraparound porches and turrets to watch for Redcoats coming across the border from Canada.

Actually best action definitely to my immediate south. Radar extrapolations are a big no-no but hell I don’t live here and no one in this forum really gives a tinker’s damn, but I believe these local forecasts for 6”+ are gonna turn turtle. 20 miles south of here, yeah. At home, it’s 20 miles NORTH.  Oh, well.

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

Replace "dinosaur" with "snow" in this clip and it about sums up winter so far!

But if it's like the movie, careful there, as you may wind up with far more than you bargained for! ;)

Earlier today I was listening to Go or Go Ahead, a stirring song IMO while thinking about our snow debacle and arrived at much the same thing....When replacing the word "love" with "snow", well, I couldn't help but laugh. Enjoy. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYb5vyBuD3E

16 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m just glad SF is struggling with Dallas. I know the eagles are better than Dallas and would handle them pretty easily at home but I wasn’t sure about SF. Seeing them struggle and look pretty ugly at home v Dallas makes me feel a lot better. 

Sure it’s possible but they played twice this year w a 1-1 split and a point differential of +3 in favor of Philly. That doesn’t scream pretty easily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Sure it’s possible but they played twice this year w a 1-1 split and a point differential of +3 in favor of Philly. That doesn’t scream pretty easily.

2nd game in Dallas was without Hurts, Eagles turned the ball over 4 times which is very uncharacteristic of them, and they were missing Lane Johnson and their slot corner and safety who is also a great slot and slides over usually when Maddox is out. Dallas took advantage of that and kept hitting the TE and slot WR v a scrub.  Objectively you take away just 1 or 2 of those Gardener turnovers, inject a healthy Hurts, Lane, and CJGJ and put the game in Philly…. I think Philly is a better team. Not saying Dallas couldn’t win. If the eagles have a bad day and Dallas has a good day it can happen but Dallas doesn’t scare me.

SF is an unknown.  They have looked really good but mostly v unimpressive competition. They haven’t beaten any of the elite teams either. They did play KC this year but got smoked. Had they beat Dallas like a red headed step child I might wonder if they really are next level. But they looked very much on the same level as Dallas today. Dak was god awful. He has a better game and Dallas could have won. 

• Like 1

It is going to get very very COLD in the Washington Metropolitan Region, especially from late Jan on into Feb. Have faith. The storms will be there for you all. You are going to see snow, and lots of it. Late January and throughout February, The Mid Atlantic is gonna make up for how challenging it has been so far this season ----- And then some! Its going to get so bad, so full of deep snow, that you all will get so damned tired of diggin' snow, that you will BEG me to come over there and show you all how to dig snow!

I'm chasing either sunshine or snow at this point.  This latest weather pattern has been miserable, though I did pick a decent time to have a cold (first one in 3+ years and now on day 6).  Feels like I haven't missed anything.  Hopefully, we can get on the board Wednesday.  If not, bring on the sun and mild until the next trackable event.

30 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I'm chasing either sunshine or snow at this point.  This latest weather pattern has been miserable, though I did pick a decent time to have a cold (first one in 3+ years and now on day 6).  Feels like I haven't missed anything.  Hopefully, we can get on the board Wednesday.  If not, bring on the sun and mild until April.

FYP

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Boring sports season has nearly arrived. 3 NFL games left over 2 weeks and nothing else is too interesting until the NCAA tournament. :sleepy:

I couldn't give a shit about any other sport except for soccer (and when the Eagles are good), and this is the time when soccer ramps up like crazy. Love it!

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic