Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

It's the vid. Those rapid tests suck. If you keep taking them you'll eventually turn up positive. The respiratory symptoms can last a long long time. 

Yeah and since he got sick 2 weeks+ ago it’s doubtful he currently has covid even if he did then.  My lingering cough lasted a couple of weeks and it’s still not totally gone. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Looks like I have had covid the past 9 days. tested neg on home kit. thought it was just a basic rsv bug, but it's the same lingering symptoms I had 3 years ago.  still can't get out of bed without serious vertigo and falling back down lol.  That dizziness lasted 4-5 months last time.

The fact you posted twice with somewhat different posts tells me covid is still a nasty lil SOB. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@40/70 Benchmark Seems like a good call so far with the canonical La Niña February in your winter forecast. The overnight GEFS are real ugly, going with a flat Aleutian ridge by 2/1. That’ll do a good job of flooding the pattern with PAC maritime air. It’s also absolutely tanking the PNA and dumping a full latitude trough out west. That’s a lights out look for everyone south of New England….

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I tested negative … 3 different times with 2 different rapid test kits.  I’m not sure those are entirely accurate. I’ve never had a head cold nag on undeterminably like this. It started on Dec 29 … still whoop coughing.  

You bet more reliable results if you swab the back of your cheek or throat instead of your nasal cavity. I tested negative using a nasal swab, but lit up like a Christmas tree when I did the back of my mouth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah this is pretty solid, especially for you guys. PV in Hudson Bay, low heights in the 50/50 region, -EPO, and some hints of blocking

the -PNA likely flexes the SE ridge at times, but there's a lot of cold air in North America

lights out though!!!!!!!!!!! super ugly!!!!!!

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-5144800.thumb.png.98ca5c00326be95478f0665ea009664a.png

The next 10 days average this. Day 10-15 has been extremely volatile. Unless we thread the needle somehow it’s wait until we see what happens day 10+ again.  
CNE on north should do just fine however. 

9476463F-6E43-42CF-AE47-036FC9AFE8D1.png

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I noticed both GYX and WPC seemed slightly more enthusiastic here for all or mostly snow.  If that is the case here then you’ll do very well on the hill.

Agreed, not sure they will have much snowmaking this week, so may need that system to make it a good weekend of skiing 

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Yeah and since he got sick 2 weeks+ ago it’s doubtful he currently has covid even if he did then.  My lingering cough lasted a couple of weeks and it’s still not totally gone. 

5 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Looks like I have had covid the past 9 days. tested neg on home kit. thought it was just a basic rsv bug, but it's the same lingering symptoms I had 3 years ago (almost to the day).  still can't get out of bed without serious vertigo and falling back down lol

I got a cold back in late sept, tested negative 4 or 5 times over a 10 day period.  Still have sinus and inner ear congestion 3+ months later.  No sore throat or fever or aches or anything.  Did a round of antibiotics last week, and now on a daily dose of strong decongestants and zyrtec, because my doc thinks it's just out of control allergies.  But I do get the vertigo at times because my inner ears are so congested.  Now I wonder if these are just long covid symptoms and not allergies.  Never had anything like this in my life, but I do always get bad fall allergies, which are more itchy eyes and sneezing.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

I got a cold back in late sept, tested negative 4 or 5 times over a 10 day period.  Still have sinus and inner ear congestion 3+ months later.  No sore throat or fever or aches or anything.  Did a round of antibiotics last week, and now on a daily dose of strong decongestants and zyrtec, because my doc thinks it's just out of control allergies.  But I do get the vertigo at times because my inner ears are so congested.  Now I wonder if these are just long covid symptoms and not allergies.  Never had anything like this in my life, but I do always get bad fall allergies, which are more itchy eyes and sneezing.

Post COVID Dizziness | Vertigo & Imbalance caused by Long COVID-19 (cornerstonephysio.com)

yeah this is pretty solid, especially for you guys. PV in Hudson Bay, low heights in the 50/50 region, -EPO, and some hints of blocking
the -PNA likely flexes the SE ridge at times, but there's a lot of cold air in North America
lights out though!!!!!!!!!!! super ugly!!!!!!
gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-5144800.thumb.png.98ca5c00326be95478f0665ea009664a.png

How much snow has NYC had total so far since November? I’m trying to find the number. How about the average for temps since November?
  • Weenie 1