Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, QCD17 said:

I got a cold back in late sept, tested negative 4 or 5 times over a 10 day period.  Still have sinus and inner ear congestion 3+ months later.  No sore throat or fever or aches or anything.  Did a round of antibiotics last week, and now on a daily dose of strong decongestants and zyrtec, because my doc thinks it's just out of control allergies.  But I do get the vertigo at times because my inner ears are so congested.  Now I wonder if these are just long covid symptoms and not allergies.  Never had anything like this in my life, but I do always get bad fall allergies, which are more itchy eyes and sneezing.

We've both been sick here on and off since the end of the first week of december. We've both tested negative for covid numerous times now. My first illness was a combination of strep and rsv. I was just recovering from that at Christmas and started feeling shitty again. Started feeling a little better during the week till New Year's Day when I felt like crap again. Doc says this time it's just a bad cold and like you with allergy involvement. Apparently because of the weather there's been lots of mold in the air. Today is really the first day I'm starting to feel normal again. Last week was rough with the congestion

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah this is pretty solid, especially for you guys. PV in Hudson Bay, low heights in the 50/50 region, -EPO, and some hints of blocking

the -PNA likely flexes the SE ridge at times, but there's a lot of cold air in North America

lights out though!!!!!!!!!!! super ugly!!!!!!

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-5144800.thumb.png.98ca5c00326be95478f0665ea009664a.png

Mm... I'm starting to raise miss-givings.   I think that ridge is too far west - and perhaps silently worse, has been retrograding west relative to the nightly mean ( each night, the ridge axis is bumped a little more west).  

It could come back east...? sure.  But for now, that is really on the western edge - any more and that "clicks" the hemisphere right back into a -PNAP overall ...

( Something no one in this particular social media pastime probably wants to envision, but if this horseshit continues into February, warm enthusiasm et al should have a good feeling for early spring. ) 

But back in the here-and-now..  that can still work out. if the system frequency is characterized by middling S/W mechanics.  Those will tend to flatten out and still conserve enough to eject successful events up along the ambient polar boundary -...probably situated STL to NYC in that look.  

However, should anything of greater mechanical space arrive in that layout ... it will cut to the Dakotas and back east will send up early crocus spears.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

And the eps is the warmer of the globals yes?  I think there’s a good shot we just scrape by with mostly snow, a high end advisory.

If its anything like these last two, If there's cold air north of here, We stay wedged and would on this if this goes over SNE or just to the south of there.

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fozz is a poster on here . If you’re gonna do a pile of dung.. write dung or shit next to it 

fozz is an urban word for what modern vernacular already had devised a term for, 'shart'

Imho, it's not a good emoji to have made available. It's sewing dissent into a powder-keg environment with too many that are precariously too close to being mentally too irresponsible and it will ignite - obviously!   It smacks as "wanting" the vitriol... because logically, it does not otherwise offer anything. 

Regardless of what motivated ( eh hm) this may be minor but is still incrementally adding a "crassification" to an already diminishing return.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

fozz is an urban word for what modern vernacular already had devised a term for, 'shart'

Imho, it's not a good a emoji to have made available. It's sewing dissent into a powder-keg environment to with too many that are precariously too close to being mentally too irresponsible and it will ignite - obviously!   It smacks as "wanting" the vitriol... because logically, it does not otherwise offer anything. 

Regardless of what motivated ( eh hm) this may be minor but is still incrementally adding a "crassification" to an already diminishing return.   

I keep asking for a Stein emoji with his picture and a Stein next to it. Now that would be the best one we have 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah this is pretty solid, especially for you guys. PV in Hudson Bay, low heights in the 50/50 region, -EPO, and some hints of blocking

the -PNA likely flexes the SE ridge at times, but there's a lot of cold air in North America

lights out though!!!!!!!!!!! super ugly!!!!!!

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-5144800.thumb.png.98ca5c00326be95478f0665ea009664a.png

He said lights out south of NE, to be fair.

I feel like Feb will be a reminder that a neg PNA pattern is not all doom and gloom for us.

• Like 1