Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah this is kinda nuts. -NAO signal as well with low heights over Nova Scotia. TPV is completely displaced 

00E0FA83-E9B7-40B4-A7C4-2B3E23CA48DE.thumb.png.1fd264788c45b784b8ebdd99b8cee2aa.png

Yeah if we get the PV down into Hudson Bay like that, then there’s more wiggle room to deal with western troughing. It will help promote more confluence in addition to better antecedent airmasses. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

EPS giving me hope The kids can be out of the house on Sunday playing in snow 

I say if it snows more than a dusting , throw on the snow suits, give em some tubes and a first aid kit , drop em at the nearest hill , and let the wife know uncle ginxy says it a sled day, pick you up around dark

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I say if it snows more than a dusting , throw on the snow suits, give em some tubes and a first aid kit , drop em at the nearest hill , and let the wife know uncle ginxy says it a sled day, pick you up around dark

I hope it does because I need it for my sanity lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Does the GEFS show a partial SSW event. It really stretches that PV. 

I mean, we don’t really care if there is an SSW or not if the TPV is being stretched and ripped apart. Part of the intrigue with SSWs is that they will propagate down into the troposphere and cause the PV to get displaced and/or stretched/split. If the latter is already happening, then it’s the end-game we were rooting for. 

Id say the only thing a big SSW and SPV-split can do is often it may prolong the tropospheric PV (TPV) being displaced and broken. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

59 in Philly already. zero chance anyone in new England hits 60 tomorrow says @Ginx snewx

Guy is a seer.

Calling blizzards and all. What a guy.

Use quotes and show me where I said anything about zero chance Mr Engineer pretend Met.  I only asked your condescending ass if we still had a chance at 60 but you go with your Philly stuff.

Y'all realize that's the day 15 and 16 GEFs there? 

... either way, that's likely over doing the AO domain.  There can be a descent in latitude with SPV, achieving extreme geopotential depths, without that layout over the arc.

The Euro's chance for a mix event down to Rt 2 has legs imho ( 20th-ish). 

The Miller A should be watched on the 22nd

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ha. Maybe you can get one of those 60 year olds you bang on the reg to babysit for him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The 50mb vortex is stretched, but doesn't really split. Honestly I could care less what it does. Having it stretched where it is probably helps deliver the cross polar flow.

Yea, the details are only for the technical dorks...that is all you need if it works out.

20 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

59 in Philly already. zero chance anyone in new England hits 60 tomorrow says @Ginx snewx

Guy is a seer.

Calling blizzards and all. What a guy.

Don’t get any angrier with me, I feel hopeless, but you did say Friday has gorgeous day potential in eastern sne with spots touching 60 so let’s wait for tomorrow to find out if anyone in esne thinks it’s a “gorgeous” day. 

You have a habit of talking down on us with pompous posts but when you’re wrong, you and your flock of geese disappear.

We have fun with it, we hope you’re thick skinned enough to do the same. 

- With love and respect, no hate, your friend…slim.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

...People, people!  Please don't be down, and turn those aggressive frowns upside down.

I see rivers of frustration and negativity beginning to overflow from the chalice of patience.  We must teach our inner beings to stay strong, while we eliminate all mean spirited comments.  If you feel your overactive brain becoming riddled with the need to lash out, take a second to think it through.  Remember, breath in...breath out, and mentally swipe away all negativity with the squeegee of tranquility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1