Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How long ago was it that the models were spitting out 50s and '60s for this week? Big time fail.

And that is true. However, we are supposed to get into the 60 to 62° range and areas of Connecticut today. But yes, was supposed to be in the 50s for a lot of the week. That didn't happen and it's not happening. We just need a colder pattern to set up, and I'm just not seeing that anytime soon. Into February for something. But we all know that things can change on a dime. So I'm optimistic still

Not completely sold on the 9th..10th.  There’s something sort of there but the models are having trouble with detection … no doubt owing to the fact that it’s “sub index scale”, within the total circulation mechanical envelope.  

“Little critters that bite”, quoting Bozart.  Shouldn’t be completely ignored but because of the nature of its dwarfism having smaller physical presence the models are probably going to have trouble with whether it can “bite” or not, and where. 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not completely sold on the 9th..10th.  There’s something sort of there but the models are having trouble with detection … no doubt owing to the fact that it’s “sub index scale”, within the total circulation mechanical envelope.  

“Little critters that bite”, quoting Bozart.  Shouldn’t be completely ignored but because of the nature of its dwarfism having smaller physical presence the models are probably going to have trouble with whether it can “bite” or not, and where. 

I wish something would bite, other than this winter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

What a late March look. All the mid 40’s behind the door. Up to caribou before freezing. 70 in Delaware.

That late March smell is in the air too. Driving to work and everything is dull and mostly brown with that dump cool feeling. Small lake that I drive by was dead calm without any ice. Ordinarily guys would be ice fishing.

• Like 1

Meh

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
321 AM EST Wed Jan 4 2023

MAZ002-004-008-009-026-042130-
/O.NEW.KBOX.WW.Y.0001.230105T0900Z-230106T0000Z/
Western Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-Western Hampshire MA-
Western Hampden MA-Northern Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Charlemont, Barre, Fitchburg,
Chesterfield, Blandford, and Ayer
321 AM EST Wed Jan 4 2023

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 7 PM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Areas of light freezing rain and freezing drizzle. Total
  ice accumulations of a light glaze.

* WHERE...The East slopes of the Berks as well as the northern
  Worcester Hills.

* WHEN...Light rain showers will transition to areas of light
  freezing rain and freezing drizzle between 4 and 10 am Thursday
  morning. Areas of light freezing rain and freezing drizzle will
  persist through Thursday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are
  possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday
  morning and evening commute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Especially where you live…get the F out of that city. Living in the west sucked for a decade or more.  It’s their turn now. It all balances out..whether you like it or not. 

If it's a bad winter you're skunked pretty much everywhere. The only places that can do okay are NNE and ski regions 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Living in the east sucks

It only sucks as this winter has been lackluster thus far. Also.. many areas around the Northeast and mid Atlantic are not supposed to be blockbuster areas for snow. We are not the Rockies or Sierra's. ( Trust me... I would LOVE it if we had that kind of Snow. ). We get our big Snows typically from our large Nor'easters or clippers. That's just the way it is unfortunately. Our time will come.