Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Cut wood on your own land?  Eventually you’ll cut all the trees no? Do you replant? Just curious. 

Yes my own land. Don't have enough years left to cut them all down.  Although I'll give it my best. Going to build a solar farm so not much sense in replanting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

image.png.90249467b1a0425ceba493bbb2aa8c81.png

The one thing that I do feel is with all this major above normal temperature across North America as a whole, it has to have a rubber band effect. Maybe we'll see the snapback as we head into February. Or, we'll just get one of those huge storm events bringing us a major winter storm. I just have a real feeling about it this year. Only time will tell 

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

The one thing that I do feel is with all this major above normal temperature across North America as a whole, it has to have a rubber band effect. Maybe we'll see the snapback as we head into February. Or, we'll just get one of those huge storm events bringing us a major winter storm. I just have a real feeling about it this year. Only time will tell 

Not picking on you but once I start seeing phrases such as, snapback, thread the needle, lot of cold to the north... I figure the Year's pretty much toast.

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not picking on you but once I start seeing phrases such as, snapback, thread the needle, lot of cold to the north... I figure the Year's pretty much toast.

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Add this :

18z ICON would extrapolate ...

I don’t know Ken…hard to call a season toast 12 days into the season. That’s the equivalent of saying the late next week system is a blizzard.  Both are Rather irresponsible.

Should we say the Bills are toast cuz they were down 7-3 after the first quarter last night? We are only half way through this first quarter of winter.  Hard to say anything is toast at this stage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t know Ken…hard to call a season toast 12 days into the season. That’s the equivalent of saying the late next week system is a blizzard.  Both are Rather irresponsible.

Should we say the Bills are toast cuz they were down 7-3 after the first quarter last night? We are only half way through this first quarter of winter.  Hard to say anything is toast at this stage. 

Sure we can still get snow and maybe even some good storms. I mean toast as overall winter season.

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Sure we can still get snow and maybe even some good storms. I mean toast as overall winter season.

Still get good snow? It’s January 3rd. Lol. If it turned around a month from now, it could still be a very good winter season.  I hope that’s not the case at all, but Just because it didn’t really snow in December, doesn’t define a winter season.  

Now maybe it turns out to be a ratter, but that cannot be called at this early juncture. If we get what you just said above, (get snow and some good storms), that would change a lot, and the toast idea would be off the table. 

I realize everybody is different, but I don’t understand this full season(wire to wire) snow and cold mentality/idea. That never ever happens in SNE.  

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What year was it where you were praying that we didn't get any more snow? It was a ratter and we could have set the record. 

2011-12.  Then BOS got 0.3 and a futility tie was off the table.   BOS was in the running 2006-07 but March produced enough to kill that idea.  At least that event was legit vs 2011-12.

• Thanks 1

Just now, weathafella said:

2011-12.  Then BOS got 0.3 and a futility tie was off the table.   BOS was in the running 2006-07 but March produced enough to kill that idea.  At least that event was legit vs 2011-12.

With BOS sitting at 1” on the season, we may need to start rooting for futility. IIRC, futility was set in the 1936-1937 season with 9.6”?