• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

If bored I could always start the unrealistic winter expectations thread. Point out our winters here really are pretty lame. Then have Michsnowfreak come to the rescue with his snow statistics that deny my argument and clearly demonstrate winters are indeed snowier(especially in his backyard)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hlcater said:

I will say what a refreshing pattern running up to Christmas. Consistent cold, multiple snow chances one of which could be significant, and these conditions are fairly widespread across the sub. Something we really haven't seen in the past decade.

Pull-back at Christmas 2013 was only thing keeping that same period being like this (8 yrs). Even at that, by NYE a nice system was in progress to be followed by a CAT-4 PV bliz right on its heels. This is about a week earlier and as you say timing couldn't be more perfect unless it cramps some special holiday plans. 

30 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

The historical odds of a white Christmas in Toledo are 45%. Since 1874 when records began, Winter has actually COOLED in Toledo by 0.6°. The Dec 25-Jan 5 period has warmed 1° since 1874. The frigid 1970s are a dream come true for the crowd that loves to pump climate change into every article. Starting a dataset in 1970 gives an automatic regression line that's going to be more dramatic because the 1970s winters were so abnormally cold. I've seen it time again and it's laughable. It's not a 30 year average. It's not a 100 year average. It's not a period of record average.  A more accurate wording would be "since the coldest time in our climate record, we have warm…"

• Like 1