Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

5 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

While the big story is the pre Christmas storm, the winter weather fizzles afterwards.  The GFS is not serving any fantasy storms other than a duster around the 28th.  When the new year begins, we torch...

NY-WARM.png

palm tree weather returns.  stick a fork in this winter.  january looks like a delayed roasting of chestnuts.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, KokomoWX said:

While the big story is the pre Christmas storm, the winter weather fizzles afterwards.  The GFS is not serving any fantasy storms other than a duster around the 28th.  When the new year begins, we torch...

NY-WARM.png

sorry for the weenie blasphemy, (and maybe it's just my age), but /\ that's going to feel sooo good

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Powerball said:

See our last PM conversation...

I dont know exactly what happened but we've all been on here long enough, why can't we all just chill, get along, and mesh together. There's no room for sensitivity, and everyone should be okay with someone calling them out, hashing it out, and moving on. Maybe that's why we can't get a good snow, the juju on here is throwing it off. Life's short, let the past be the past and let's enjoy talking weather with each other. Let's not complicate it.

3 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

I dont know exactly what happened but we've all been on here long enough, why can't we all just chill, get along, and mesh together. There's no room for sensitivity, and everyone should be okay with someone calling them out, hashing it out, and moving on. Maybe that's why we can't get a good snow, the juju on here is throwing it off. Life's short, let the past be the past and let's enjoy talking weather with each other. Let's not complicate it.

I can totally agree with that. Trust me on this. I have had a very rough time of it the last 7+ years. Not easy sometimes to let go but especially in my case ( health wise ) I have done just that. Had too.  Dealt with heart issues ( widow maker which resulted in double bypass surgery July 6, 2015), had my house shot up ( via ak 47 ) with 18 rounds just missing me by a foot, etc. I could probably write a couple of best sellers on just the last three years alone.. 

So don't you go anywhere! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I can totally agree with that. Trust me on this. I have had a very rough time of it the last 7+ years. Not easy sometimes to let go but especially in my case ( health wise ) I have done just that. Had too.  Dealt with heart issues ( widow maker which resulted in double bypass surgery July 6, 2015), had my house shot up ( via ak 47 ) with 18 rounds just missing me by a foot, etc. I could probably write a couple of best sellers on just the last three years alone.. 

So don't you go anywhere! 

Was thinking back on stuff lately.  Remember that period of time when we were in charge at WWBB?  God that was so long ago.  

16 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Was thinking back on stuff lately.  Remember that period of time when we were in charge at WWBB?  God that was so long ago.  

Omg.. 20years? Or very close to it. :yikes:

The past few years feel as if I have gone back 25+ years. Doing stuff I was doing then but perhaps a little harder. Been slowing it down a bit though lately.. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The past few years feel as if I have gone back 25+ years. Doing stuff I was doing then but perhaps a little harder. Been slowing it down a bit though lately.. 

It was a much simpler time. All we had was the ETA, NGM, AVN, MRF, GGEM...and the Euro ran once a day at 3:00 AM, with like 5 available layers (no QPF). Things have certainly changed. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Anyone wanna start a bet on how many days it'll be till the next thread is opened in our subforum?

i haven't had a chance to put out any thoughts on the final 1/3rd of December in the long range thread... But unless we see something thread the needle, it might be a while before the next thread worthy/wider-spread potential.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

i haven't had a chance to put out any thoughts on the final 1/3rd of December in the long range thread... But unless we see something thread the needle, it might be a while before the next thread worthy/wider-spread potential.

I've had absolute tunnel vision since the conception of the current thread but yeah, it looks a little rough around the edges for the coming weeks. Honestly, I need to recharge my weenie drives anyway so I'm not complaining. 

8 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

I have my reasons, if you want to know them my DMs are open

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Pretty much.  I think WWBB closed up in 04 or 05 at the latest.

57 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

It was a much simpler time. All we had was the ETA, NGM, AVN, MRF, GGEM...and the Euro ran once a day at 3:00 AM, with like 5 available layers (no QPF). Things have certainly changed. :lol:

Those were the days.

You and I were the first 2 Midwesterners over there in a sea of east coasters.  Then one by one, more people from the Lakes/OV joined. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Those were the days.

You and I were the first 2 Midwesterners over there in a sea of east coasters.  Then one by one, more people from the Lakes/OV joined. 

Yeah. It all started for me in December 2000. Wondered why we were getting all this snow. First I found NWS AFD’s and then computer models. Had no idea how to read/use them, but kinda figured it out. Then I found the TWC forums. And then someone posted a link to WWBB. And the rest is history.

15 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Yeah. It all started for me in December 2000. Wondered why we were getting all this snow. First I found NWS AFD’s and then computer models. Had no idea how to read/use them, but kinda figured it out. Then I found the TWC forums. And then someone posted a link to WWBB. And the rest is history.

I found this sub during the lead up to GHD I, a forecaster I used to follow (forgot his name) kept tweeting about a historic blizzard, with incredible model agreement for the Midwest, and it got my interest. Weather has been a fascination and hobby since I was a little kid, so I was stoked to find folks similar to me. 

Admittedly I don’t post a lot because I mainly read analysis from some of my favorite posters like RC and OHweather, and all the Mets here. 

Been through many heartbreaks here, including GHD I and GHD II. 

Its about time I get some interesting wx, amazed at how stupidly boring most of the recent years have been so maybe this blizz will make up for it, unlikely but I expect an equalizer. My t-storm season started off better than other years with more in the early warm season but then became a joke by June. Not a single one was memorable, even regular t-storms were weak caliber, forget about any possible severe here. Last exciting event was tor warned storms in Sept 2021.

I wrote in one of these banter threads we haven't gotten a synoptic snow storm for Dec IMBY since 2008 so I went with the trend for another Dec shutout - jinx.

6 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

I miss the NGM. Because when that showed anything half decent you knew something was coming considering it's dry nature. See PDII when I was living in Ohio which is not long after I joined. :D

11 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

Its about time I get some interesting wx, amazed at how stupidly boring most of the recent years have been so maybe this blizz will make up for it, unlikely but I expect an equalizer. My t-storm season started off better than other years with more in the early warm season but then became a joke by June. Not a single one was memorable, even regular t-storms were weak caliber, forget about any possible severe here. Last exciting event was tor warned storms in Sept 2021.

I wrote in one of these banter threads we haven't gotten a synoptic snow storm for Dec IMBY since 2008 so I went with the trend for another Dec shutout - jinx.

t-storms have been crap since about 2010.  and they were way better when I was a kid in the 80s/90s.

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

t-storms have been crap since about 2010.  and they were way better when I was a kid in the 80s/90s.

Agree, more like 2012 I think here. When I meet new people something I like to ask is if they perceive storms as being worse in the far past than they are now and only 1 out of a dozen said no. The one who stated nah thought heavier rains were occurring in present t-storms but I haven't noticed. Everyone else knows storms are mostly bark no bite in current times.