Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not acclimated yet ti this type of wind/cold combo . Running with at 17 with a stiff wind . Takes a few times 

you can run with a stiffy? i always found that very hard ;)

8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

car was reading 9 this morning  coldest so far

your car can read? mazel tov-it's a miracle!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

this look is in the medium range now... best Pacific pattern I've seen in a while. there will be a bunch of opportunities after this week's system

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-1580800.thumb.png.3f2f17ea235a9e697e9cef5d7fe9df1a.pngecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-1580800.thumb.png.cd22dc0f7496fdd59e000ca2e0fd006e.png

I am watching what Scott mentioned to make sure that Rockies trough hours 190-230 doesn’t start burying itself SW . The gfs had led the way last time in picking up the lower heights in the SW by Nevada or so and the ridge orientation can send troughs sliding south so that is what I’m watching for to maintain the look that is good . In case we needed a reminder that isn’t a negative post it’s objective given that it doesn’t take much to see that subtle shift . Alternatively  like it it was a “bad” look that needed a little help I would point out any little shift that could help us .  You can see the west coast ridge make a bit of headway into the Cali / Nevada /Idaho region (day 7-8) and then a piece of energy slides down Rockies around day 9-10 and I’m watching that particularly to see if that buckles the ridge back west 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Someone needs to do some underground thermal imaging. Is there a hidden volcano under there?

Yes, actually. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/magma-bubble-rising-under-new-england-volcanoes-science

Check back in a few hundred thousand to a few million years and NA could have a new supervolcano. 

• Like 1