Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

925 tracked from about Danbury , to KFIT to Portland Maine 

And 00z tracked from like LI to PYM....I think if we got that track to come back, it would be enough for interior.

When I look at the 102h panel for today, it's colder than 00z 114h panel despite being like 75-100 mi northwest. That's the tick colder I was talking about, but it's obviously hard to compare since we cannot hold the track constant from run to run....but that is evidence in itself that we got a bit colder on that panel in the early stages of the storm despite the track being worse.

So I'll be looking for small ticks back SE for interior folks....coastal peeps will need a lot more help though.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Meanwhile in a preemptive move, American Rubber has temporarily rented a warehouse just inside the city limits of Methuen, MA.  The warehouse is uniquely constructed with rooms and AR is outfitting each of them for the period 12/15-1/10.

Hopefully AR will be paying for referrals!! 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

And 00z tracked from like LI to PYM....I think if we got that track to come back, it would be enough for interior.

When I look at the 102h panel for today, it's colder than 00z 114h panel despite being like 75-100 mi northwest. That's the tick colder I was talking about, but it's obviously hard to compare since we cannot hold the track constant from run to run....but that is evidence in itself that we got a bit colder on that panel in the early stages of the storm despite the track being worse.

So I'll be looking for small ticks back SE for interior folks....coastal peeps will need a lot more help though.

I think these nuances are that can save the ORH hills and even the lower terrain WOR. Agreed.

I don't think it will be enough here.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

image.jpeg.0c0be70c7edd63aa3b018074108d8bb5.jpeg

All 3 of these la ninas have had the same underlying traits/have and have nots...tenor has been like dead-nuts same with some different indecies etc..

Rinse and repeat....if your locale isn't in the meteorologocial "click", then you just get the train run on you for 3 years.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

All 3 of these la ninas have had the same underlying traits/have and have nots...tenor has been like dead-nuts same with some different indecies etc..

Rinse and repeat....if your locale isn't in the meteorologocial "click", then you just get the train run on you for 3 years.

I agree. I wasn’t a fan of a third but you guys talked me out of a disgruntled state in the pre season. 

How close are you to closing the winter outlook and opening the baseball one?

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I agree. I wasn’t a fan of a third but you guys talked me out of a disgruntled state in the pre season. 

Kind of hard to punt the season when the N PAC starts looking like El Nino with steroidal blocking in the Arctic ocean out in the extended range.

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I'm not out on the season....just supremely frustrated after how this season has started following the last several years of misfortune.  On paper, this pattern/season is still fine....but @Ginx snewx was asking me why my seasonal snowfall numbers were not closer to 2010-2011, despite the pattern being similar. This month is a perfect testament to just how special those seasons are. It takes more than just a pattern, but one complemented by exceptional luck.

All of that said, just for context....Dec 2010 was very similar and then took off right after Xmas. This can still do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Blocking fail ? 

Next!

NAO flipping positive right when we need it most. The block will be fleeting and escaping east as storm makes closest approach. Looks like a cutter.  I’m expecting 45-50F and rain in SE NH. Connecticut river west, gonna want to watch for sig snow chances. 

wave spacing awful.

AN airmass in cold source region. 

did I say next?

• Like 2