Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Even 1 more south of pike deal could do the trick...maybe another powdery CJ storm where scooter snorts streamers off of the ocean, and I get chocked out by subsidence.

All of the kid's fuc*ing toys...out from under the tree and propagating or down welling onto the street..whatever the hell you want to call it. I'm ready to decouple.

See the source image

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Rays off the rails lol.  

One Euro OP run, and winter 22-23 is toast.  

The pattern is Incredibly ripe. We just had 3-5”+ last night, and more chances coming.  I like where we stand. 

Well, there hasn't been  much to support accumulating snow in his hood with this event in a while.

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is an insane pattern on all the ensembles....doesn't matter whether its the EPS, GEPS, or GEFS. They all show it. Looks almost El Nino in N PAC.

Dec12_12zEPS312.png

Idk if that will hold. Models have had a tendency to dump the trough out west first, a common Nina theme. 

They're doing that after the Friday storm now when they had ridging out west in earlier runs. 

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Idk if that will hold. Models have had a tendency to dump the trough out west first, a common Nina theme. 

They're doing that after the Friday storm now when they had ridging out west in earlier runs. 

Models dump the trough initially in the west at D6-7....but there is still a potent Baffin block, so it just slides east with time.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

EPS look dude...let's go

Yeah here's the animation on day 7 through day 10....this isn't in total clown range. You can see how the big Baffin block just forces the trough to move east and not torch us....while heights behind it have to build....simple conservation of mass going on there. It's a nice look....hopefully it produces snow before Xmas, otherwise lots of melts, lol.

Dec12_12zEPSanimate.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Low blow

Ya I don’t get some folks? Guy brings great info and insight, and peeps making fun of that? SAD.  

The pattern is as good as it gets. But It doesn’t guarantee a snowstorm in your back yard.  But it does make it much easier when the pattern looks good.  Nuances can be a bitch.  

But I’ll take what’s coming up any F’n Day. Let the trolls troll. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah here's the animation on day 7 through day 10....this isn't in total clown range. You can see how the big Baffin block just forces the trough to move east and not torch us....while heights behind it have to build....simple conservation of mass going on there. It's a nice look....hopefully it produces snow before Xmas, otherwise lots of melts, lol.

Dec12_12zEPSanimate.gif

whats that thing that comes across the 21st and 22nd?  that looks nice under pressing hi pressure.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Dec12_12zEPSanimate.gif

6 Inch mean ORH 12/23 12/24. I am fully expecting a major to fall before this pattern flips. Would be rare if we escaped this look without one. Sick teleconnections around the 22 to 25th. Lag in EPO dump matches as well.

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

but our work suggests that climate change could currently be weighing the dice toward La Niña,” said lead author Robert Jnglin Wills, a UW research scientist in atmospheric sciences. “At some point, we expect anthropogenic, or human-caused, influences to reverse these trends and give El Niño the upper hand.”

So, anthropogenic climate changes causes La Nina and El Nino.  I wonder how much government grant money they received to come up with this crap?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1