• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

Just a wild guess .. .but tomorrow looks like a low LCL spin risk to me.

We got one of those diffused warm boundary smears passing through during the morning associated with the ejected Lakes trough/low.

As that mess egresses through NNE during the day, that places a bit of a SRH anomaly through the region in the 0-3 km.  Too bad the sun's weak sauce at this time of year. 

I haven't looked much beyond the synoptic basis, ... but the 500 and 700 mb streamlines suggest 0-6/bulk is more unidirectional in structure. But that low level looks veered in the typical regions of CT and east of the ORH topography.  DPs are modeled into 72 F range -

I dunno - SPC has marginal headline out as it is.  Looks like jagged scud suck tending to twist to me.  Surprised there's no thread - folks are grasping for excitement... nothin' else. 

Low risk for severe. Primary threat is damaging wind. But with high DP comes the built in notion that green tinting in rain shafts mean ponding in short order, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superstorm93 said:

Our school let out at noontime so of course I walked over to the main beach to watch the 50+ gusts kick up the waves - large, considering the lake was a mere 50 acres.  One neighbor took out his Sailfish (small sailboard) and had to paddle back as a gust snapped his mast.

Low of 61 this morning with mid-60s dews, very summery but likely the last 60+ minimum of the season.  Might be 60 tomorrow morning but I think we'll cool down below that mark late in the evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Our school let out at noontime so of course I walked over to the main beach to watch the 50+ gusts kick up the waves - large, considering the lake was a mere 50 acres.  One neighbor took out his Sailfish (small sailboard) and had to paddle back as a gust snapped his mast.

Low of 61 this morning with mid-60s dews, very summery but likely the last 60+ minimum of the season.  Might be 60 tomorrow morning but I think we'll cool down below that mark late in the evening.

We were held in school until winds died down.    I was in 8th grade and we had a student teacher.   The main issue was it was basically unforecasted.   Momentous events-Mazeroski broke our hearts a month later, JFK elected in November, and an all time winter December to February.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Now days school would have been closed for a week prior to Donna hitting the area..

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

50 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Just do not complain when the "heat" extends well into the fall and perhaps at least the early part of winter.

Oh he will. He’ll shoot turkeys in his yard in November and chase Santa away with a shovel in December when it’s 60F…and when he’s dripping in sweat during his jog on MLK weekend, he’ll rip down his I Have A Dream poster hanging on his bedroom wall. 

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Now days school would have been closed for a week prior to Donna hitting the area..

Probably true even in Ft. Kent now (as lawyers rule), where schools used to almost never close for weather - from Jan 1976 thru late October 1985, one full day (1-3" forecast for the overnight surprised with 16-18") and one half-day (kids dismissed at noon at the height of the 24-30" storm - all bused home safely).