Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,128
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

June Discobs 2022


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

As ever, a pretty big discrepancy for precip forecasts tomorrow-Thursday. Euro is the driest and GFS the wettest.

Heaviest rain looks to occur along the N-S lying stationary front, which seems to favor central PA into C MD and N VA based on latest guidance. Still uncertain exactly where that front will be and how it interacts with the upper low off the coast. 

WPC has central MD including DC in a slight risk for excessive rain D2.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

48 tied low record at IAD. So in 48 hours we had record setting/tying  high temps then low temps. 

I think BWI claimed 51, and I see the record at 52 (in 2005).
edit: And I noticed similar, (but not close to 48 hrs),  in 1954, when the record min hit 48 on the 19th and the record max hit 99 on the 26th. 

more: 1954 also still holding several heat records in July, Sept, Oct. including 102 on July 31.
Leading to a rather snowless winter and cool March. Sound familiar? Ugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I think BWI claimed 51, and I see the record at 52 (in 2005).
edit: And I noticed similar, (but not close to 48 hrs),  in 1954, when the record min hit 48 on the 19th and the record max hit 99 on the 26th. 

more: 1954 also still holding several heat records in July, Sept, Oct. including 102 on July 31.
Leading to a rather snowless winter and cool March. Sound familiar? Ugh.

Super impressive transition from record hot to record cool

i am not despondent about the winter signals so far 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

As ever, a pretty big discrepancy for precip forecasts tomorrow-Thursday. Euro is the driest and GFS the wettest.

 

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Heaviest rain looks to occur along the N-S lying stationary front, which seems to favor central PA into C MD and N VA based on latest guidance. Still uncertain exactly where that front will be and how it interacts with the upper low off the coast. 

WPC has central MD including DC in a slight risk for excessive rain D2.

Euro joined the party at 12z. 0.5-1.5” across the subforum, except less toward RIC. Icon now the driest.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

 

Euro joined the party at 12z. 0.5-1.5” across the subforum, except less toward RIC. Icon now the driest.

is timing still later in the evening? I need 4-5pm not 7-8pm lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Last week’s euro had temps of 102-106 across the area Tuesday - Thursday this week. 

Wow

That first of June torrid streak 2011 (I think) they did hit in advance but departing highs just aren’t setting up over Bermuda so far.  They are weak also, not 30.30+ that nothing can budge for long time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...