Total Members
    Most Online
    KnoxLC
    Newest Member
    KnoxLC
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

25 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

How much you got up there? I’m supposed to work at 2 at the park. I was hoping to be called off but seems like there’s not enough to cancel stuf

there is not. I will end up at 1 inch in monkton. Hard to imagine Hunt Valley much more and roads are clear. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4.5-5” OTG. Light snow with bursts of moderate snow falling. A little round 2 of sorts appears to be gearing up with some precip blossoming down near Cville and  by Cumberland out west. The Hrrr has been fairly consistent in showing this secondary wave of precip overhead after the main precip shield moves NE. Could lay down an additional inch or two for the northern tier. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ji said:

its pretty much sunny here..so bright out

You’re being a little dramatic…shocking. But this is another event where the track of the wave is actually pretty good, the airmass seemed good enough, yet it’s underperforming outside elevated areas. Sound familiar??? 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

You’re being a little dramatic…shocking. But this is another event where the track of the wave is actually pretty good, the airmass seemed good enough, yet it’s underperforming outside elevated areas. Sound familiar??? 

yes--it sounds familiar to pretty much every storm we have had since jan 2016 lol. Pronloged heavy snow has become super rare 

I’m all in on the legitimacy of this theory, but I’d wager the major problem this time for the metros was mostly that this is gonna turn out drier than modeled. We had enough cold, I think.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m all in on the legitimacy of this theory, but I’d wager the major problem this time for the metros was mostly that this is gonna turn out drier than modeled. We had enough cold, I think.

Partially but I also feel like for some of us lower elevation areas, part of the problem may have been the column not being very supportive for good dendrite growth. It seemed like I was under good radar returns from 9-1030 but it never really came down hard and was mostly pixie dust. Just a thought I can’t backup but yeah 

• Like 2

After an hour of mostly light sleet, changed to snow here in the last 30 mins with some big flakes coming down now and a temp of 32. Sun peaking out though lol.

Unfortunately most of the precip is over. Good shot of rain as expected. 0.81" Looks like cold and windy with snow showers the rest of the afternoon.

• Like 1