Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

Just now, osfan24 said:

Frustrating I can't get rid of the sleet. Seems like the models that showed the decent period of sleet were accurate. Hoping that this helps cool all the surfaces faster so the snow sticks almost immediately.

just wait about 10 minutes. It will flip. Your sleet won't last long. 

A FLAKE!

And mostly sleet now. 

This also kinda reminds me of Commutageddon, with the rain to sleet to snow quick change. Don't think I'll see the kind of thundersnow I had with that one (more than any other storm I can remember) but hopefully the winds (which weren't that prominent in Jan 2011) will make up for that.  

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Frustrating I can't get rid of the sleet. Seems like the models that showed the decent period of sleet were accurate. Hoping that this helps cool all the surfaces faster so the snow sticks almost immediately.

Don’t think any model had you snowing before 8am. Right on time. All snow just to your west.  

The same will happen for you as elsewhere. The sleet pretty much primed the ground for the snow. Once you get any semblance of rates, it sticks.  It hasn’t been sleeting out that way very long.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Confirmed. It was 44 when I left to run down to Hunt Valley - 32 when I got back. That was about 45 minutes later. 

Sleet/snow when I brought groceries in, mostly snow now. REALLY EXCITED. Saturday, nothing to do and nowhere to go, just want to watch it pour snow and blow around. 

Happy for you! I’ve decided to embrace my inner snow weenie and enjoy it too. I actually asked the kid to wake me when the snow started lol 

temp 32, did see a plow go north putting down salt.

• Like 1