Total Members
    Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not to prolong the discussion but curiosity gets the best of me... is it the daylight change or is it the lack of sleep one night?  Like how do you deal with time zone changes or say traveling to Europe or something?  If you have something come up and get one less hour of sleep a night, does that linger for a month?  Or is it purely that the body is fooled into thinking its a different time with the daylight?

For folks who struggle with this I can't imagine jet lag or even changing a time zone.

For a couple of days it is tough to fall  to sleep but quickly adapt. It does however screw my dogs up big time. Normal chow time is 7 so by 6 they are antsy and at night their 4 o'clock is now 5. But they will figure it out in a week. Now with no change they will be fine year round. I was thinking yesterday about my old job how all the computer run systems automatically change to dsd then again in the fall. Same with our phones and everything else computerized.  A lot of programming work coming up it seems.

48 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not to prolong the discussion but curiosity gets the best of me... is it the daylight change or is it the lack of sleep one night?  Like how do you deal with time zone changes or say traveling to Europe or something?  If you have something come up and get one less hour of sleep a night, does that linger for a month?  Or is it purely that the body is fooled into thinking its a different time with the daylight?

For folks who struggle with this I can't imagine jet lag or even changing a time zone.

It's a combination of the above, I suspect. I'm naturally a night person as-is, so I end up being sensitive to any changes in that schedule. Pushing my internal clock later while still having to get up at the same time messes with me for a while.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It's too bad, today has the first spring/summer morning looks outside, bright blue skies looks 70 out there, but its only 42, maybe we hit 60-65 today before the marine airmass moves in. 

It's not likely to get that far inland where y'allz are...  

It was real this morning up this way, prior to 9 or 9:30 but area obs have since vastly improved.  It appears to be absorbing in, and like Scott mentioned there are already signs of S flow taking over.  As the sun warms and turns over the BL further, we'll probably see the surface mix out entirely up here where we are and bounce the temp.  

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's not likely to get that far inland where y'allz are...  

It was real this morning up this way, prior to 9 or 9:30 but area obs have since vastly improved.  It appears to be absorbing in, and like Scott mentioned there are already signs of S flow taking over.  As the sun warms and turns over the BL further, we'll probably see the surface mix out entirely up here where we are and bounce the temp.  

Not but we get our Long Island sound chill coming in after 4pm temps forecast to go from 60-40 in a few hours in southern CT. 58 right now.

1 hour ago, Heisy said:

That’s actually pretty interesting setup around 25th if we can get that blocking ULL to trend to a better spot there’s a temporary block setup with a pna ride 

4F32BA3F-5F4D-4A02-B117-454896C32E1E.png

579A0FE0-DF29-48E8-BCD0-A31E3903E665.png

The euro is holding the energy back in Mexico. That is a long range Euro bias, as it gets closer in there’s a decent chance we could see it start ejecting more energy. This would lead to a nor’easter threat.