Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

44 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

So much for that favorable pattern that was preached at by many

Too early to write it off, it looks bad but there’s still a couple weeks left for us to possibly get lucky and get a big storm and snow in a bad pattern. There’s no way we get shut out for the entire month….

• Weenie 1

Once pot this Winter behind me at b the end of February. The models were all over the place this Winter ( like they needed to be on Prozac ). It was mentally exhausting. Of course we had several digital Snowstorms and even Blizzards. Although we had 2 be very large events, the were localized to specific areas.

On to the the warmer weather events.... Let's hope for a better Winter 2022/2023.1

PSM 48, and DAW still 47 — all guidance busted ~10 degrees too low on this feeble back door cold front. Shorts and ts for the morning exercise, apparently. Rgem now showing temps stabilizing near 50 and tickling up throughout the day. Strange fail—almost as if all guidance factored we still had the snowpack from a few days before. Reality is 9/10 gone. 

Today will finish off the snowcover in the shaded areas and piles in SE NH. I welcome it. Especially with oil at $120+ barrel. We’d be extremely lucky to finish winter here.

SE NH could eek out another 60F+ today if we avoid the bulk of the warm front clouds/precip and get some sun instead. Going to be close. The atmosphere is plenty warm, and supports it. Looking at temps and sky conditions this morning, better chance than not PSM sees 60 again today.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I hit 63.7 yesterday......I would sign on for that every day from here on out if I could. I don't like the odds of major snow from here on out.

Well Ray, I'm still holding out...maybe alone, however, snow equipment will remain on till April 5th, we all know better.

2 minutes ago, 512high said:

Well Ray, I'm still holding out...maybe alone, however, snow equipment will remain on till April 5th, we all know better.

Obviously.....all I'm saying is that odds are against it. Clearly if you run a snow removal business you need to be ready until at least April.

• Like 1

Wed night/Thu morning  is def trending back north. Limiting factor is the weak vort but the vort track itself is pretty good for SNE. If it trends a little stronger then we’re in for a solid advisory event. If it trends weaker then maybe just a few snow showers or even nothing. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Wed night is def trending back north. Limiting factor is the weak vort but the vort track itself is pretty good for SNE. If it trends a little stronger then we’re in for a solid advisory event. If it trends weaker then maybe just a few snow showers or even nothing. 

that's the spirit!

• Weenie 1

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic