Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

We've sorely been lacking one of those storms where the valley like Lawrence, MA gets 2" and I-495 to ORH above 500' get 12".  That'd be cool

Dec '96 prob the last time, though Feb 24, 2010 and Dec 5, 2020 were very close. October 2011 too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

We are actually like 5.75 weeks away from the GFS getting into the beginning of severe weather season here!!! You know how the Groundhog is used to like forecast 6-weeks of winter or whatever? We should get an animal to do that for severe...like a chipmunk or something,.

You should be concerned about tonight’s severe 

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Where does the mountain stand in terms of snow anomaly for the season?    I think you have a graph of that IIRC. 

Yeah this is the snowpack map.  Seasonal snowfall has been low but it's already past all of 2015-16's totals, ha.  It's probably going to be in that 2011-12 style snowfall total.

472538554_March7.jpg.8890ae601280ec9ab1bd256068719242.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Way to early for it ... buuut, it does remind me.  I'm interested in whether NW NE and Southern Ontario/Quebec host late April thru early June heat waves again.

I've noticed that tendency over recent years, to go along with a lot of other subtle/under the radar CC -related likeliness ... strongly suspect to be so.

What happens is residual fast flow curls around high pressure nodes in that area, with any SW/W heat expulsion getting caught in side... The Mid Atlantic to coastal New England doesn't fair so "hot" because said curl wraps around and pulls a tongue of cooler 850 mb air from the Maritimes .. all the way down to where it turns NW and comes in on a SSE flow mash up dimmed warming.    Like PHL-BOS will be 84/55, but 96/48 at BTV so to speak

Yeah we've done some monster dry heat in April/May/June the past 5 years it seems... May seems to be a usual suspect where we are doing 90s with dews of like 40-45F and red flag warnings.  Even before full leaf out.  Like end of spring stick season and it's in the 80s, ha.