Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sad part is we can’t/won’t stay this way.  That’s what sucks. If we could, I’d sign right now, especially since this winter was shit here, and for many others in SNE, and I’m ready to put it behind us. 

I figure I will get some more decent snow and then I will get to watch it melt down again for the fourth time.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Perfect and great spring season came early? ;) 

I mean, it's out of season a bit but one of those days you don't think about what it means... just enjoy it :lol:.

What a sweet afternoon.  So hard to hate on it even if it does a number on the snowpack.

275367181_10104747753066660_431989920668

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This will be funny to bump when we get another -3 April. 

Why wouldn’t you root on a mild spring? Anyone can see snow threats are just about impossible in this pattern, so why not get ready for nicer wx? Sure there’ll be bad days, cold days, wet days.. but for all intents and purposes it has ended . Spring can be cruel here. We all know that. But this one feels like we may have a decent one that kicked in early 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why wouldn’t you root on a mild spring? Anyone can see snow threats are impossible so why not get ready for nicer wx? Sure there’ll be bad days, cold days, wet days.. but for all intents and purposes it has ended 

Rooting and forecasting are different though, no?

Well... I could pretty much gamble huge sums of money this 18z operation GFS won't verify that way... It's hard to believe a 965 mb low's gonna grind along the White's cordillera,  experiencing no resistance along the way, carving out a bombogen hole < 950 mb as it buzz saws the summit off Mt Katahdin like that.  

That's like ... not going to happen.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup, me too.

Tired of the whole failed season.  Lots of good looks, but also lots of fails, which equals a pretty lousy season. 

I get you guys didn't get as much but over here we're almost average snowfall and it's been cold and I think we're slightly below average temp wise so I give it a C here.

For whatever reason, today was not as bad as the first cutter in Feb. That one obliterated my 30” pack in a few hours. 60 degree rain will do that I guess. The rain with this one fell at 30 degrees and then the warmth came when it was dry. Taking a hit here but still great coverage aside from my windblown south spots. 

Heh ...this is typical of March's in the last 10 years..  which is probably fair to say it's typical of CC era - much to eye-rollin' chagrin of those that don't exactly deny... but equivalent post pursing their lips and dosing their anuses with Preparation-H whenever they have to face it. 

We start getting one and done 65ers in a fast flow warm sectors, probably as the new order.   Maybe you'll even get 2 or 3 days at a pop... But they go back to pointless cold.   Every march since 2012 except maybe 2018 ..?  But that year did it February so take your pick.  

I guess I'm just musing that we should expect these kind of warm bursts this time of year.

We've already started getting them going back 3 weeks ago. It's been about ever 5 days.   They'll be every 3 days by the 20th... and lasting longer ... until BD season kicks off in April and winter begins...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic